Indian-origin dentist found killed in Sydney, suspect dead
March 8, 2019
The body of Dr Preethi Reddy, a dentist of Indian origin based in Sydney, was found with multiple stab wounds this week. The body of the 32-year-old was found in a suitcase in her car. Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding her death.
Police said that Dr Reddy stayed at a hotel with her ex-boyfriend, who was killed in a head-on collision with a truck one day before her body was found. The police had spoken to her ex-boyfriend, Dr Harsh Narde, also a dentist, as part of an investigation into the reasons for her disappearance.
The head-on collision, in which Dr Narde died, is believed to have been deliberate. Police are looking at him as the key suspect. Police say Dr Narde deliberately drove his car into a moving truck after being questioned by detectives.
Dr Reddy's family reported her as missing on Sunday after she did not come home from a dental conference. Her sister put up a Facebook post to help find her saying, "it was highly of character for Preethi to not contact family and loved ones". A Help Find Preethi Reddy post was also started on Facebook.
After her body was found, her family paid a tribute to Dr Reddy.
Words cannot capture the pain we are feeling with the passing of my beautiful big sister. Preethi was a bright light; loveable, kind, and protective of all whom were lucky enough to have been loved and cared for by her. Prior to this unthinkable event, she had been the happiest I'd ever seen her – she was living her best life. - Nithya Reddy, Dr Preethi Reddy's sister
The suspect, Dr Narde, also worked at a dental clinic which put up a post after his death saying, "It is with great sadness we announce the tragic passing of our beloved Harsh. We send our deepest sympathy and our love to his family in India."
The post has now been removed.
The police are still trying to put together the sequence of events by going through CCTV footage of Dr Narde at the hotel he was staying in. The footage shows him asking a hotel porter to help put a heavy suitcase into the boot of his car. The body of Dr Reddy was found in that same suitcase.
Watch in Sign Language
- Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
- PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
March 20, 2019
- One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Madras High Court directs implementation of 3% job quota for disabled people, activists unhappy
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News