Indian-origin dentist found killed in Sydney, suspect dead
March 8, 2019
The body of Dr Preethi Reddy, a dentist of Indian origin based in Sydney, was found with multiple stab wounds this week. The body of the 32-year-old was found in a suitcase in her car. Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding her death.
Police said that Dr Reddy stayed at a hotel with her ex-boyfriend, who was killed in a head-on collision with a truck one day before her body was found. The police had spoken to her ex-boyfriend, Dr Harsh Narde, also a dentist, as part of an investigation into the reasons for her disappearance.
The head-on collision, in which Dr Narde died, is believed to have been deliberate. Police are looking at him as the key suspect. Police say Dr Narde deliberately drove his car into a moving truck after being questioned by detectives.
Dr Reddy's family reported her as missing on Sunday after she did not come home from a dental conference. Her sister put up a Facebook post to help find her saying, "it was highly of character for Preethi to not contact family and loved ones". A Help Find Preethi Reddy post was also started on Facebook.
After her body was found, her family paid a tribute to Dr Reddy.
Words cannot capture the pain we are feeling with the passing of my beautiful big sister. Preethi was a bright light; loveable, kind, and protective of all whom were lucky enough to have been loved and cared for by her. Prior to this unthinkable event, she had been the happiest I'd ever seen her - she was living her best life. - Nithya Reddy, Dr Preethi Reddy's sister
The suspect, Dr Narde, also worked at a dental clinic which put up a post after his death saying, "It is with great sadness we announce the tragic passing of our beloved Harsh. We send our deepest sympathy and our love to his family in India."
The post has now been removed.
The police are still trying to put together the sequence of events by going through CCTV footage of Dr Narde at the hotel he was staying in. The footage shows him asking a hotel porter to help put a heavy suitcase into the boot of his car. The body of Dr Reddy was found in that same suitcase.
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News