Grenade attack at Jammu and Kashmir bus stop, one killed & several injured
March 8, 2019
In a shocking incident, one person was killed and 30 others were seriously injured in a grenade attack at Jammu and Kashmir. According to the police, the incident happened on Thursday morning at Jammu and Kashmir bus stand injuring mostly drivers and bus conductors. The entire area has been cordoned off by cops. Unfortunately, the government failed to tamper the efforts of yet another terror strike.
I condemn this act of terror in the strongest possible terms. My prayers for speedy recovery of those injured. The perpetrators are out there to inflict pain and divide us. Our unity has to be our tool to defeat them-Mehbooba Mufti, Former Chief Minister, Jammu & Kashmir
Reportedly, this is the third terrorist attack at the bus stand since last May. Authorities have not identified which terror group is behind the attack. Clearly, this latest attack is aimed at tampering the communal harmony and peace at the valley. It is also aimed at deteriorating tensions between India and Pakistan that is already going through a rough patch.
This latest terror attack comes nearly after a month of the Pulwama terror attack that killed 40 CRPF jawans. Pakistani based Jaish-e-Mohammed was responsible for the attacks to which India retaliated through air strikes demolishing Jaish-e-Mohammed camps in Pakistan.
"Deeply saddened and strongly condemn the grenade attack in #Jammu bus stand. It is very unfortunate and shocking that Enemies of peace are hell bent to disturb and damage the social fabric, peace and harmony in #Jammu and #Kashmir. My Prayers for injured", tweeted Guftar Ahmed, a Twitter User.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
- Primary schools reopen in J&K
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 18, 2019
Headlines August 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News