Grenade attack at Jammu and Kashmir bus stop, one killed & several injured
March 8, 2019
In a shocking incident, one person was killed and 30 others were seriously injured in a grenade attack at Jammu and Kashmir. According to the police, the incident happened on Thursday morning at Jammu and Kashmir bus stand injuring mostly drivers and bus conductors. The entire area has been cordoned off by cops. Unfortunately, the government failed to tamper the efforts of yet another terror strike.
I condemn this act of terror in the strongest possible terms. My prayers for speedy recovery of those injured. The perpetrators are out there to inflict pain and divide us. Our unity has to be our tool to defeat them-Mehbooba Mufti, Former Chief Minister, Jammu & Kashmir
Reportedly, this is the third terrorist attack at the bus stand since last May. Authorities have not identified which terror group is behind the attack. Clearly, this latest attack is aimed at tampering the communal harmony and peace at the valley. It is also aimed at deteriorating tensions between India and Pakistan that is already going through a rough patch.
This latest terror attack comes nearly after a month of the Pulwama terror attack that killed 40 CRPF jawans. Pakistani based Jaish-e-Mohammed was responsible for the attacks to which India retaliated through air strikes demolishing Jaish-e-Mohammed camps in Pakistan.
"Deeply saddened and strongly condemn the grenade attack in #Jammu bus stand. It is very unfortunate and shocking that Enemies of peace are hell bent to disturb and damage the social fabric, peace and harmony in #Jammu and #Kashmir. My Prayers for injured", tweeted Guftar Ahmed, a Twitter User.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 14, 2019 Beyond Braille series brings to blind children a new visual language
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata Banerjee's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Get-hooked May 15, 2019 Some tips to support children with multiple disabilities
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Accessibility May 13, 2019 Inclusive education should go beyond words - Guest Column by Sharada Devi V
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
- Technology May 15, 2019 Reserve Bank of India suggests app to help visually impaired people identify rupee notes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News