Grenade attack at Jammu and Kashmir bus stop, one killed & several injured
March 8, 2019
In a shocking incident, one person was killed and 30 others were seriously injured in a grenade attack at Jammu and Kashmir. According to the police, the incident happened on Thursday morning at Jammu and Kashmir bus stand injuring mostly drivers and bus conductors. The entire area has been cordoned off by cops. Unfortunately, the government failed to tamper the efforts of yet another terror strike.
I condemn this act of terror in the strongest possible terms. My prayers for speedy recovery of those injured. The perpetrators are out there to inflict pain and divide us. Our unity has to be our tool to defeat them-Mehbooba Mufti, Former Chief Minister, Jammu & Kashmir
Reportedly, this is the third terrorist attack at the bus stand since last May. Authorities have not identified which terror group is behind the attack. Clearly, this latest attack is aimed at tampering the communal harmony and peace at the valley. It is also aimed at deteriorating tensions between India and Pakistan that is already going through a rough patch.
This latest terror attack comes nearly after a month of the Pulwama terror attack that killed 40 CRPF jawans. Pakistani based Jaish-e-Mohammed was responsible for the attacks to which India retaliated through air strikes demolishing Jaish-e-Mohammed camps in Pakistan.
"Deeply saddened and strongly condemn the grenade attack in #Jammu bus stand. It is very unfortunate and shocking that Enemies of peace are hell bent to disturb and damage the social fabric, peace and harmony in #Jammu and #Kashmir. My Prayers for injured", tweeted Guftar Ahmed, a Twitter User.
Watch in Sign Language
- Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
- PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
March 20, 2019
- One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Headlines March 14, 2019 United States wants UN to designate Masood Azhar a global terrorist
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Election Commission's voter helpline 1950 proves to be a letdown for disabled community in Chennai
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Headlines March 13, 2019 Gautam Gambhir to join politics soon, says reports
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News