Abhinandan was tortured mentally and physically by Pakistani army
March 8, 2019
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman won the hearts of millions of Indians by showing extraordinary courage and perseverance.
Wing Commander Abhinandan exercised great caution while he was in the custody of the Pakistani army for almost 60 hours.
As per reports, he was mentally and physically tortured in that short span of time by the Pakistani army.
Abhinandan was forced to divulge vital and confidential information about deployment of Indian troops, high-security radio frequencies used by the security forces and sensitive logistics details.
Abhinandan was forced to stay awake and was not allowed to rest while he was being interrogated by the Pakistani army. He was also beaten and choked by the captures who were trying to break his morale.
As part of the torture, Abhinandan was not allowed to sit down and was forced to keep standing for hours while loud music was played around him to make him feel uncomfortable. The brave pilot remained focused, true to his duty and did not any share any vital information with the enemy.
The 35-year-old fighter pilot was captured by the Pakistani army after he ejected from his MiG-21 Bison jet that had crashed near the LoC-Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir on 27 February.
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was later released and handed over to India on 1 March.
Abhinandan has made the country proud and social media has been flooded with tweets about him.
Kulwant Singh @_KulwantDSingh wrote,"Finally #AbhinandanReturns and it's #WelcomeHomeAbhinandan In between this, Pakistan attacked #Abhinandan & made unsuccessful attempt to torture him to get secret information, thus clearly violates Geneva Conventions. Now no any option other than to #DeclarePakTerroristState"
Major Gaurav Arya (Retd) Verified account @majorgauravarya tweeted," What Pak Army cannot achieve on battlefield, it hopes to achieve through perception management. Heavily edited videos, torture, use of chemicals & psychotropic drugs is very common for them. When terrorists are your friends, you become like them. Shame."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News