Abhinandan was tortured mentally and physically by Pakistani army
March 8, 2019
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman won the hearts of millions of Indians by showing extraordinary courage and perseverance.
Wing Commander Abhinandan exercised great caution while he was in the custody of the Pakistani army for almost 60 hours.
As per reports, he was mentally and physically tortured in that short span of time by the Pakistani army.
Abhinandan was forced to divulge vital and confidential information about deployment of Indian troops, high-security radio frequencies used by the security forces and sensitive logistics details.
Abhinandan was forced to stay awake and was not allowed to rest while he was being interrogated by the Pakistani army. He was also beaten and choked by the captures who were trying to break his morale.
As part of the torture, Abhinandan was not allowed to sit down and was forced to keep standing for hours while loud music was played around him to make him feel uncomfortable. The brave pilot remained focused, true to his duty and did not any share any vital information with the enemy.
The 35-year-old fighter pilot was captured by the Pakistani army after he ejected from his MiG-21 Bison jet that had crashed near the LoC-Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir on 27 February.
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was later released and handed over to India on 1 March.
Abhinandan has made the country proud and social media has been flooded with tweets about him.
Kulwant Singh @_KulwantDSingh wrote,"Finally #AbhinandanReturns and it's #WelcomeHomeAbhinandan In between this, Pakistan attacked #Abhinandan & made unsuccessful attempt to torture him to get secret information, thus clearly violates Geneva Conventions. Now no any option other than to #DeclarePakTerroristState"
Major Gaurav Arya (Retd) Verified account @majorgauravarya tweeted," What Pak Army cannot achieve on battlefield, it hopes to achieve through perception management. Heavily edited videos, torture, use of chemicals & psychotropic drugs is very common for them. When terrorists are your friends, you become like them. Shame."
Watch in Sign Language
- Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
- PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
March 20, 2019
- One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 #WonderWoman - Acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal shows incredible will in the face of repeated odds
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Headlines March 15, 2019 U.S warns China for blocking action on terrorist Masood Azhar
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Headlines March 13, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi Vadra addresses rally in Gujarat
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Technology March 14, 2019 With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News