Abhinandan was tortured mentally and physically by Pakistani army
March 8, 2019
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman won the hearts of millions of Indians by showing extraordinary courage and perseverance.
Wing Commander Abhinandan exercised great caution while he was in the custody of the Pakistani army for almost 60 hours.
As per reports, he was mentally and physically tortured in that short span of time by the Pakistani army.
Abhinandan was forced to divulge vital and confidential information about deployment of Indian troops, high-security radio frequencies used by the security forces and sensitive logistics details.
Abhinandan was forced to stay awake and was not allowed to rest while he was being interrogated by the Pakistani army. He was also beaten and choked by the captures who were trying to break his morale.
As part of the torture, Abhinandan was not allowed to sit down and was forced to keep standing for hours while loud music was played around him to make him feel uncomfortable. The brave pilot remained focused, true to his duty and did not any share any vital information with the enemy.
The 35-year-old fighter pilot was captured by the Pakistani army after he ejected from his MiG-21 Bison jet that had crashed near the LoC-Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir on 27 February.
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was later released and handed over to India on 1 March.
Abhinandan has made the country proud and social media has been flooded with tweets about him.
Kulwant Singh @_KulwantDSingh wrote,"Finally #AbhinandanReturns and it's #WelcomeHomeAbhinandan In between this, Pakistan attacked #Abhinandan & made unsuccessful attempt to torture him to get secret information, thus clearly violates Geneva Conventions. Now no any option other than to #DeclarePakTerroristState"
Major Gaurav Arya (Retd) Verified account @majorgauravarya tweeted," What Pak Army cannot achieve on battlefield, it hopes to achieve through perception management. Heavily edited videos, torture, use of chemicals & psychotropic drugs is very common for them. When terrorists are your friends, you become like them. Shame."
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 16, 2019
Headlines August 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News