Jammu student bomber hid grenade in lunch box
March 9, 2019
A Class 9 student accused of throwing a grenade at a bus stand in Jammu this week carried the weapon in his lunch box, say police authorities. He had hidden it under dry rice. Three people have died in the attack 32 were injured.
Police authorities were able to track him down as they had information that such an attack was going to happen. They tracked the 15-year-old accused within an hour after the attack.
The teenager, who is from Kulgam in south Kashmir was arrested at a police checkpoint in Nagrota, 20 km from Jammu, while he was trying to return home after carrying out the attack. He had trained himself in throwing grenades by watching videos on YouTube.
Police sources say they received intelligence inputs about a possible attack at some security installation or a crowded place in Jammu, after which all police formations were alerted.
A senior police official said, "We are investigating who transported him up to Jammu since the teen had never visited the region before".
He came to Jammu in a private car, and police sources are trying to find the driver. y.
The Hizbul Mujahideen is said to be behind the attack. The head of the Hizbul, Farooq Ahmad Bhat asked the teenager to carry out the attack to create a communal divide.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 16, 2019
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News