Jammu student bomber hid grenade in lunch box
March 9, 2019
A Class 9 student accused of throwing a grenade at a bus stand in Jammu this week carried the weapon in his lunch box, say police authorities. He had hidden it under dry rice. Three people have died in the attack 32 were injured.
Police authorities were able to track him down as they had information that such an attack was going to happen. They tracked the 15-year-old accused within an hour after the attack.
The teenager, who is from Kulgam in south Kashmir was arrested at a police checkpoint in Nagrota, 20 km from Jammu, while he was trying to return home after carrying out the attack. He had trained himself in throwing grenades by watching videos on YouTube.
Police sources say they received intelligence inputs about a possible attack at some security installation or a crowded place in Jammu, after which all police formations were alerted.
A senior police official said, "We are investigating who transported him up to Jammu since the teen had never visited the region before".
He came to Jammu in a private car, and police sources are trying to find the driver. y.
The Hizbul Mujahideen is said to be behind the attack. The head of the Hizbul, Farooq Ahmad Bhat asked the teenager to carry out the attack to create a communal divide.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 10, 2019
Headlines August 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News