Supreme Court appoints panel to resolve Ayodhya case
March 9, 2019
The Supreme Court has appointed a three member panel that will act as mediator in the Ayodhya land dispute case.
The Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute case which has been going on for years has been handed over to the panel.
The Supreme Court had earlier directed that the case needs to be resolved through peaceful talks and mediation between the concerned parties.
The three members of the panel are retired Supreme Court judge FM Kalifulla who will be chairman, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation and Senior advocate Sriram Panchu.
68 years old FM Kalifulla was an active labour law practitioner while Panchu has written books on mediation and is considered an expert in the matter.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar tweeted,
Respecting everyone, turning dreams to reality, ending long-standing conflicts happily and maintaining harmony in society - we must all move together towards these goals.
The Supreme Court has instructed that the panel needs to complete the process within eight weeks. Although the panel will need to submit its initial first status report in four weeks.
The panel will start its mediation process within a week in Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh. The panel members have been given the authority to invite more members to the team if required.
The court has banned the media from reporting information about the mediation proceedings while they are being carried out.
Social media has been questioning the ability of the panel to resolve the issue.
TARUNAVA SARKER @tarunava_sarker tweeted"Replying to @UnSubtleDesi This will not lead anywhere...I have a lot of respect for Ravi Shankar Ji, but I'm afraid that the positions are too intractable for resolution by mediation !!"
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 19, 2019
Headlines March 24, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News