Nirav Modi spotted in London, video goes viral
March 10, 2019
Recently British newspaper The Telegraph released a video of Nirav Modi, the Indian diamond entrepreneur who is in exile at the United Kingdom. Indian authorities had reported that they were unable to spot him. Hence, his return to India is getting delayed. After the video went viral, Indian authorities were forced to respond. The government said that they are waiting for United Kingdom to respond to its request to extradite Nirav Modi along with his uncle Mehul Choksi who is also in exile.
India's Most Wanted #NiravModi Enjoying Lavish Life In London And The Government Is Doing Nothing To Get Him Back. Nirav Modi Has Looted More Than Rs 14,356.84 crore (US$ 2.1 billion) Has Modi Government Helped Nirav Modi, Lalit Modi, Vijay Mallya To Escape?-Ravindra Jadeja, Indian Cricketer
Modi left India almost a year back after he took loan of Rs 13,000 crore from state run Punjab National Bank. He failed to pay back the loan and left to the United Kingdom where he is reportedly running a business worth crores of rupees.
In the video, Modi is seen in a new look, walking in the streets of London. For the questions that were asked by the interviewer, Modi replied saying 'no comments'. He is also seen wearing a jacket made of Ostrich hide which costs at least Rs 9 lakhs.
"This is so absurd. A man who did a fraud of 1.5 Billion Pounds is living free in UK", tweeted Vijay Krishnan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News