Nirav Modi spotted in London, video goes viral
March 10, 2019
Recently British newspaper The Telegraph released a video of Nirav Modi, the Indian diamond entrepreneur who is in exile at the United Kingdom. Indian authorities had reported that they were unable to spot him. Hence, his return to India is getting delayed. After the video went viral, Indian authorities were forced to respond. The government said that they are waiting for United Kingdom to respond to its request to extradite Nirav Modi along with his uncle Mehul Choksi who is also in exile.
India's Most Wanted #NiravModi Enjoying Lavish Life In London And The Government Is Doing Nothing To Get Him Back. Nirav Modi Has Looted More Than Rs 14,356.84 crore (US$ 2.1 billion) Has Modi Government Helped Nirav Modi, Lalit Modi, Vijay Mallya To Escape?-Ravindra Jadeja, Indian Cricketer
Modi left India almost a year back after he took loan of Rs 13,000 crore from state run Punjab National Bank. He failed to pay back the loan and left to the United Kingdom where he is reportedly running a business worth crores of rupees.
In the video, Modi is seen in a new look, walking in the streets of London. For the questions that were asked by the interviewer, Modi replied saying 'no comments'. He is also seen wearing a jacket made of Ostrich hide which costs at least Rs 9 lakhs.
"This is so absurd. A man who did a fraud of 1.5 Billion Pounds is living free in UK", tweeted Vijay Krishnan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 11, 2019
Headlines August 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News