Terrorist behind Pulwama attack said to be killed
March 12, 2019
Mudasir Ahmed Khan alias Mohammed Bhai, who is alleged to have masterminded the 14 February terror attack in Pulwama that killed 40 CRPF personnel is believed to have been killed in an encounter in the Tral area of South Kashmir.
Khan, who was from the Jaish e Mohammed group was in a group that engaged in an encounter with soldiers. There were three militants who were killed and Khan was among them, say sources. The bodies of the three militants are charred beyond recognition and efforts are on to establish their identity to be sure.
They were caught after security forces received an input about the presence of militants in the area. This became an encounter after the militants opened fire at the search party of the forces who retaliated.
Khan, who is not so well known is said to be the person behind the terror strike that left 40 Indian soldiers dead, in the worst such attack in decades. 23-year-old Khan, an electrician with a graduate degree and a resident of Pulwama, arranged the vehicle and explosives used in the terror strike.
Khan joined the JeM in 2017 as a worker and was drawn into the terror outfit by Noor Mohammed Tantrey, alias Noor Trali, who is believed to have helped the terror group's revival in the Kashmir Valley.
Tantray was killed in December 2017 after which Khan disappeared from his home and became active. The suicide attacker Adil Ahmed Dar, who blew up his explosives-laden vehicle next to the bus in which the CRPF soldiers were traveling was in regular touch with Khan.
Khan, who is the son of a labourer, is also believed to be involved in the terror strike at the army camp in Sunjawan in 2018 in which six personnel and a civilian were killed.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
March 24, 2019
- BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
March 24, 2019
- PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News