Terrorist behind Pulwama attack said to be killed
March 12, 2019
Mudasir Ahmed Khan alias Mohammed Bhai, who is alleged to have masterminded the 14 February terror attack in Pulwama that killed 40 CRPF personnel is believed to have been killed in an encounter in the Tral area of South Kashmir.
Khan, who was from the Jaish e Mohammed group was in a group that engaged in an encounter with soldiers. There were three militants who were killed and Khan was among them, say sources. The bodies of the three militants are charred beyond recognition and efforts are on to establish their identity to be sure.
They were caught after security forces received an input about the presence of militants in the area. This became an encounter after the militants opened fire at the search party of the forces who retaliated.
Khan, who is not so well known is said to be the person behind the terror strike that left 40 Indian soldiers dead, in the worst such attack in decades. 23-year-old Khan, an electrician with a graduate degree and a resident of Pulwama, arranged the vehicle and explosives used in the terror strike.
Khan joined the JeM in 2017 as a worker and was drawn into the terror outfit by Noor Mohammed Tantrey, alias Noor Trali, who is believed to have helped the terror group's revival in the Kashmir Valley.
Tantray was killed in December 2017 after which Khan disappeared from his home and became active. The suicide attacker Adil Ahmed Dar, who blew up his explosives-laden vehicle next to the bus in which the CRPF soldiers were traveling was in regular touch with Khan.
Khan, who is the son of a labourer, is also believed to be involved in the terror strike at the army camp in Sunjawan in 2018 in which six personnel and a civilian were killed.
Watch in Sign Language
- One conviction in high profile murder of UK teen in Goa
July 19, 2019
- Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
July 19, 2019
- ‘Chandrayaan 2’ mission rescheduled to 22 July
July 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News