Terrorist behind Pulwama attack said to be killed
March 12, 2019
Mudasir Ahmed Khan alias Mohammed Bhai, who is alleged to have masterminded the 14 February terror attack in Pulwama that killed 40 CRPF personnel is believed to have been killed in an encounter in the Tral area of South Kashmir.
Khan, who was from the Jaish e Mohammed group was in a group that engaged in an encounter with soldiers. There were three militants who were killed and Khan was among them, say sources. The bodies of the three militants are charred beyond recognition and efforts are on to establish their identity to be sure.
They were caught after security forces received an input about the presence of militants in the area. This became an encounter after the militants opened fire at the search party of the forces who retaliated.
Khan, who is not so well known is said to be the person behind the terror strike that left 40 Indian soldiers dead, in the worst such attack in decades. 23-year-old Khan, an electrician with a graduate degree and a resident of Pulwama, arranged the vehicle and explosives used in the terror strike.
Khan joined the JeM in 2017 as a worker and was drawn into the terror outfit by Noor Mohammed Tantrey, alias Noor Trali, who is believed to have helped the terror group's revival in the Kashmir Valley.
Tantray was killed in December 2017 after which Khan disappeared from his home and became active. The suicide attacker Adil Ahmed Dar, who blew up his explosives-laden vehicle next to the bus in which the CRPF soldiers were traveling was in regular touch with Khan.
Khan, who is the son of a labourer, is also believed to be involved in the terror strike at the army camp in Sunjawan in 2018 in which six personnel and a civilian were killed.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News