Four Indians killed in Ethiopian plane crash
March 12, 2019
In a shocking incident, Ethiopian airlines that departed from capital city Addis Ababa crashed, killing over 155 passengers and crew members. Amongst them were four Indians as well. The Indians who were killed in the crash have been identified as Shikha Garg, a United Nations Consultant with the Indian government, Nukavarapu Manisha, Vaidya Pannagesh Bhaskar, Vaidya Hansin Annagesh. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj tweeted requesting for details about Garg. She added that she has been trying to get through Garg's husband's number, but it is unavailable.
I am sorry to know about the unfortunate crash of Ethiopian Airlines plane ET 302. We have lost four Indian nationals in the air crash. I have asked Indian High Commissioner in Ethiopia to provide all help and assistance to the bereaved families. @IndiaInEthiopia-Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister
The Ethiopian Airlines jet was reportedly a brand new one purchased by the airline company. It crashed at around 8.44 am (local time) on Sunday, almost six minutes after takeoff. The exact reason for the crash is not yet known. But officials said that the pilot had reported of a technical glitch and requested to land back the airline after which authorities lost touch with the airline. There are no survivors in the crash.
"My condolences to the families of four Indian nationals who have died in an unfortunate crash of Ethiopian Airlines.Sadly,a UNDP consultant attached to my ministry @moefcc Ms Shikha Garg,also died in the crash. My prayers for the departed souls", tweeted Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forests and Climate Change.
"Our deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their loved ones in the crash of #EthiopianAirlines passenger aircraft today. We are informed that four Indian nationals were on the flight. Our Mission in Addis Ababa is in touch with the airlines & local authorities", tweeted Raveesh Kumar, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs, India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
March 24, 2019
- BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
March 24, 2019
- PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Parasports March 24, 2019 Kerala para athletes climb Nainital’s highest peak, aim to inspire youngsters
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News