Four Indians killed in Ethiopian plane crash
March 12, 2019
In a shocking incident, Ethiopian airlines that departed from capital city Addis Ababa crashed, killing over 155 passengers and crew members. Amongst them were four Indians as well. The Indians who were killed in the crash have been identified as Shikha Garg, a United Nations Consultant with the Indian government, Nukavarapu Manisha, Vaidya Pannagesh Bhaskar, Vaidya Hansin Annagesh. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj tweeted requesting for details about Garg. She added that she has been trying to get through Garg's husband's number, but it is unavailable.
I am sorry to know about the unfortunate crash of Ethiopian Airlines plane ET 302. We have lost four Indian nationals in the air crash. I have asked Indian High Commissioner in Ethiopia to provide all help and assistance to the bereaved families. @IndiaInEthiopia-Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister
The Ethiopian Airlines jet was reportedly a brand new one purchased by the airline company. It crashed at around 8.44 am (local time) on Sunday, almost six minutes after takeoff. The exact reason for the crash is not yet known. But officials said that the pilot had reported of a technical glitch and requested to land back the airline after which authorities lost touch with the airline. There are no survivors in the crash.
"My condolences to the families of four Indian nationals who have died in an unfortunate crash of Ethiopian Airlines.Sadly,a UNDP consultant attached to my ministry @moefcc Ms Shikha Garg,also died in the crash. My prayers for the departed souls", tweeted Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forests and Climate Change.
"Our deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their loved ones in the crash of #EthiopianAirlines passenger aircraft today. We are informed that four Indian nationals were on the flight. Our Mission in Addis Ababa is in touch with the airlines & local authorities", tweeted Raveesh Kumar, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs, India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 16, 2019
Headlines August 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News