Learn valuable self-defense techniques at this session for disabled women in Mumbai
March 14, 2019
Safety of women in Mumbai is a burning topic given the significant rise in the number of crimes against women. Women and girls with disabilities are especially vulnerable.
It is therefore important that they learn how to defend themselves, which is the thought behind Young Voices. This is an initiative of Cheshire Homes India, where women with disabilities will be given a free self-defense session this weekend in Mumbai.
The workshop is titled Self Defence for Safety of Women with Disabilities and aims to empower women by teaching them techniques to protect themselves.
Sushmitha Bubna, founder of non-profit Voice Vision will facilitate the workshop.
Such sessions are very useful as safety of women is an extremely sensitive and vital topic. Participants benefit from both theory and practical advice and tips given in the sessions. Women can gain confidence and live safely if they know how to defend themselves. - Sushmitha Bubna, Founder Voice Vision.
Understanding the need for caution and getting tips to remain alert will be covered in the session.
"Young Voices has been working for the welfare of people with disabilities and through this session we hope to make a positive impact on the lives of women with disabilities. By creating awareness and sharing information we can bring about the change in the social mindset about people with disabilities", says Akash Nimbalkar, Coordinator, Young Voices.
If you wish to be attend the session contact 9686157148.
For more information about the session Click Here.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News