Learn valuable self-defense techniques at this session for disabled women in Mumbai
March 14, 2019
Safety of women in Mumbai is a burning topic given the significant rise in the number of crimes against women. Women and girls with disabilities are especially vulnerable.
It is therefore important that they learn how to defend themselves, which is the thought behind Young Voices. This is an initiative of Cheshire Homes India, where women with disabilities will be given a free self-defense session this weekend in Mumbai.
The workshop is titled Self Defence for Safety of Women with Disabilities and aims to empower women by teaching them techniques to protect themselves.
Sushmitha Bubna, founder of non-profit Voice Vision will facilitate the workshop.
Such sessions are very useful as safety of women is an extremely sensitive and vital topic. Participants benefit from both theory and practical advice and tips given in the sessions. Women can gain confidence and live safely if they know how to defend themselves. - Sushmitha Bubna, Founder Voice Vision.
Understanding the need for caution and getting tips to remain alert will be covered in the session.
"Young Voices has been working for the welfare of people with disabilities and through this session we hope to make a positive impact on the lives of women with disabilities. By creating awareness and sharing information we can bring about the change in the social mindset about people with disabilities", says Akash Nimbalkar, Coordinator, Young Voices.
If you wish to be attend the session contact 9686157148.
For more information about the session Click Here.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News