Gautam Gambhir to join politics soon, says reports
March 13, 2019
According to reports, ex-cricketer Gautam Gambhir is all set to join politics. Reportedly, he will be joining the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and is expected to stand for upcoming Lok Sabha 2019 elections from New Delhi constituency. Gambhir is from Rajinder Nagar that belongs to the same constituency. Gambhir's new innings has come as a surprise to his fans. But not everyone was excited with the cricketer's new tryst.
Dear @GautamGambhir sir - "sources" are saying that you are almost confirmed to join BJP and contest from New Delhi constituency inplace of @M_Lekhi ji. So when are you finally shedding the facade of "neutrality" and taking the plunge?-Ram Sharma, Twitter User
The cricketer has not yet confirmed anything. There were reports that even MS Dhoni plans to stand for elections. Gambhir was recently conferred with the Padma Shri. He is also one of the most loved cricketers in India.
"@GautamGambhir, you are hero of whole country. If you accept the bjp offer for election contesting, you will be hero of only 27 percent people. Now choice is yours whether you wanna remain hero of country or wanted to be hero of hatered", tweeted Zamir Ahmad Siddiqui, a Twitter User.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News