Will not ally with Congress anywhere, says Mayawati
March 13, 2019
The head of Bahujan Samaj Party, Mayawati has made it clear that her party will not ally with the Congress for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
In a statement she said,
It is being made clear again that the Bahujan Samaj Party will not have any electoral alliance with the Congress in any state. _ Mayawati, Bahujan Samaj Party
She also said that her party's alliance with Akhilesh Yadav's Samajwadi Party was based on "mutual respect".
Mayawati said this while addressing party leaders from various states, excluding Uttar Pradesh. She said several parties were eager to form an alliance with the BSP, but she would not do anything for mere electoral gains. She had earlier targeted the Congress and said it was no different from the BJP.
Taking to Twitter, she said, "The Congress government in MP, like the BJP, slapped atrocious NSA against Muslims for cow slaughter. Now, the UP's BJP government booked 14 AMU students under notorious sedition charges. Both are example of state terror and condemnable. People should decide what is difference between the Congress and the BJP governments?"
Akhilesh Yadav and Mayawati announced the SP-BSP tie-up for the Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh in January this year. The two parties agreed to contest 38 Lok Sabha seats each in the state while maintaining that they would not put up candidates at Amethi and Rae Bareli. These are the constituencies represented by Congress president Rahul Gandhi and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Mayawati's attack on the Congress comes after the SP made an outreach to the Congress. Yadav said that his party is in alliance not only with the BSP but also with the Congress. This is in contrast to the stated position of Mayawati.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
March 24, 2019
- BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
March 24, 2019
- PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News