Will not ally with Congress anywhere, says Mayawati
March 13, 2019
The head of Bahujan Samaj Party, Mayawati has made it clear that her party will not ally with the Congress for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
In a statement she said,
It is being made clear again that the Bahujan Samaj Party will not have any electoral alliance with the Congress in any state. _ Mayawati, Bahujan Samaj Party
She also said that her party's alliance with Akhilesh Yadav's Samajwadi Party was based on "mutual respect".
Mayawati said this while addressing party leaders from various states, excluding Uttar Pradesh. She said several parties were eager to form an alliance with the BSP, but she would not do anything for mere electoral gains. She had earlier targeted the Congress and said it was no different from the BJP.
Taking to Twitter, she said, "The Congress government in MP, like the BJP, slapped atrocious NSA against Muslims for cow slaughter. Now, the UP's BJP government booked 14 AMU students under notorious sedition charges. Both are example of state terror and condemnable. People should decide what is difference between the Congress and the BJP governments?"
Akhilesh Yadav and Mayawati announced the SP-BSP tie-up for the Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh in January this year. The two parties agreed to contest 38 Lok Sabha seats each in the state while maintaining that they would not put up candidates at Amethi and Rae Bareli. These are the constituencies represented by Congress president Rahul Gandhi and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Mayawati's attack on the Congress comes after the SP made an outreach to the Congress. Yadav said that his party is in alliance not only with the BSP but also with the Congress. This is in contrast to the stated position of Mayawati.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News