Will not ally with Congress anywhere, says Mayawati
March 13, 2019
The head of Bahujan Samaj Party, Mayawati has made it clear that her party will not ally with the Congress for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
In a statement she said,
It is being made clear again that the Bahujan Samaj Party will not have any electoral alliance with the Congress in any state. _ Mayawati, Bahujan Samaj Party
She also said that her party's alliance with Akhilesh Yadav's Samajwadi Party was based on "mutual respect".
Mayawati said this while addressing party leaders from various states, excluding Uttar Pradesh. She said several parties were eager to form an alliance with the BSP, but she would not do anything for mere electoral gains. She had earlier targeted the Congress and said it was no different from the BJP.
Taking to Twitter, she said, "The Congress government in MP, like the BJP, slapped atrocious NSA against Muslims for cow slaughter. Now, the UP's BJP government booked 14 AMU students under notorious sedition charges. Both are example of state terror and condemnable. People should decide what is difference between the Congress and the BJP governments?"
Akhilesh Yadav and Mayawati announced the SP-BSP tie-up for the Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh in January this year. The two parties agreed to contest 38 Lok Sabha seats each in the state while maintaining that they would not put up candidates at Amethi and Rae Bareli. These are the constituencies represented by Congress president Rahul Gandhi and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Mayawati's attack on the Congress comes after the SP made an outreach to the Congress. Yadav said that his party is in alliance not only with the BSP but also with the Congress. This is in contrast to the stated position of Mayawati.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News