United States wants UN to designate Masood Azhar a global terrorist
March 14, 2019
Masood Azhar, one of the most wanted terrorists across the globe might soon be designated as a global terrorist by the United Nations (UN). On Tuesday, the United States of America (USA) said that Azhar must be given the status as soon as possible. Or else, it is clearly going to be a threat to regional stability and peace. USA said this a day before a crucial meeting of world leaders at the UN. India has been requesting the United Nations to name him as a global terrorist. But due to China's intervention, the UN has been refusing.
World super powers United States, Russia and France have moved resolutions to designate Azhar as global terrorist. This is going to be of immense support to India.
The onus is now squarely on China. If it agrees to the UNSC's wish to designate Masood Azhar a "global terrorist" (which he is undoubtedly is), & leans on Pakistan to hand him over to the International Criminal Court, then the crisis may pass and further escalation be averted-Ramachandra Guha, Political Historian
Azhar, who is a Pakistani national, has been getting protection and support from his home country which is in great terms with China. Reportedly, China stated that there are no solid evidences to mark Azhar as a global terrorist. Azhar, who is the founder of terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed, was the mastermind behind the recent dastardly Pulwama attack that killed 40 CRPF jawans. He was also involved in the attack at Indian Parliament, Pathankot attacks and 26/11 Mumbai attacks to name a few of his terrorist activities.
"US, UK and France have moved a fresh proposal in UNSC to list Masood Azhar as a global terrorist. Three such earlier attempts were blocked by China in 2009, 2016 and 2017. Will @Chinamission2un vote for a terrorist and officially make China a terror sympathiser? World is watching", tweeted Manak Gupta, Journalist.
Azhar was earlier captured and put behind bars in India for terror activities in Jammu and Kashmir. His brother, along with a few others, kidnapped an Indian Airlines flight and asked for Azhar's release in return for lives of over 300 Indian passengers. After his release, Azhar came back to Pakistan to start Jaish-e-Mohammed with full support from the Pakistani government.
Watch in Sign Language
- Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
August 19, 2019
- Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
August 19, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Events August 14, 2019 Deaf short film Festival 2019
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 A personal struggle inspired this elderly couple to start Balajothi Centre to empower disabled children
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Indian wins Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament title
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News