Australia beats India, wins series
March 14, 2019
India lost the last match of the five match ODI – One Day International series to Australia played at Delhi's Feroz Shah Kotla stadium yesterday.
Australia won the series 3-2 and created history as this is the first time the guest team saw victory in India after a gap of around 10 years.
For India this is the first loss of ODI series at home in 28 months after winning six of the series back to back. The Australians made a huge comeback into the series after losing the first two matches.
Australia performed really well in the fifth match with Usman Khawaja scoring a century off 106 balls and a strong bowling line. On the Indian side, Ravindra Jadeja stole the show with his bowling despite the team losing the match.
Virender Sehwag ?tweeted,"Many congratulations Australia on playing some brilliant cricket and coming back from being 2-0 down and winning the series. Great Team effort. #INDvAUS"
India had to reach a target of 273 but the team was all out at 237. The team will now be seen playing the World Cup in England and Wales that is starting from 30 May.
While Australia will now be travelling to the UAE to play Pakistan later this month.
Kundan Shelke? @ShelkeKundan wrote,"#INDvAUS India lost another match... Aussies wrapped the series by 3-2. Major loss for the team india just before the upcoming world cup Inadian cricket team and bcci should do the appropriate changes in team Two shades of virat Kohli @imVkohli ,@BCCI ,@ICC"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Exit polls predict comfortable win for BJP
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News