Australia beats India, wins series
March 14, 2019
India lost the last match of the five match ODI – One Day International series to Australia played at Delhi's Feroz Shah Kotla stadium yesterday.
Australia won the series 3-2 and created history as this is the first time the guest team saw victory in India after a gap of around 10 years.
For India this is the first loss of ODI series at home in 28 months after winning six of the series back to back. The Australians made a huge comeback into the series after losing the first two matches.
Australia performed really well in the fifth match with Usman Khawaja scoring a century off 106 balls and a strong bowling line. On the Indian side, Ravindra Jadeja stole the show with his bowling despite the team losing the match.
Virender Sehwag ?tweeted,"Many congratulations Australia on playing some brilliant cricket and coming back from being 2-0 down and winning the series. Great Team effort. #INDvAUS"
India had to reach a target of 273 but the team was all out at 237. The team will now be seen playing the World Cup in England and Wales that is starting from 30 May.
While Australia will now be travelling to the UAE to play Pakistan later this month.
Kundan Shelke? @ShelkeKundan wrote,"#INDvAUS India lost another match... Aussies wrapped the series by 3-2. Major loss for the team india just before the upcoming world cup Inadian cricket team and bcci should do the appropriate changes in team Two shades of virat Kohli @imVkohli ,@BCCI ,@ICC"
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
March 24, 2019
- BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
March 24, 2019
- PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Understanding Ataxia
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Disabled people share uncomfortable encounters on social media with hash tag #AbledsAreWeird
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News