Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
March 16, 2019
The whole world has been shocked by the terrorist attack on mosques in New Zealand in which at least 49 people were killed yesterday.
The cricket team of Bangladesh, currently on tour of New Zealand, was about to enter the mosque in Christchurch when a gunman started shooting inside the mosque killing people.
As per reports, the bus with 17 Bangladeshi players had just reached the Masjid al Noor mosque when the attack started. The team members saw people running out of the mosque trying to save their lives. Many of them were covered in blood and were running out extremely scared.
After the narrow escape, Bangladeshi batsman Tamim Iqbal tweeted
Entire team got saved from active shooters!!! Frightening experience.
The team remained seated inside the bus with their heads bowed down for around 10 minutes fearing for their lives.
Bangladesh team manager Khaled Mashud said ,”had the team reached the mosque three to four minutes earlier, they would have been among those who died. "I would say we were really lucky. We are very thankful that we weren't caught in the crossfire," he added.
Bangladesh was to play its third Test match against New Zealand today and that has been cancelled after the attack.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News