Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
March 18, 2019
The Cricket World Cup 2019 is round the corner and is scheduled to begin on 30 May. This year it will be hosted by England. The Indian team is gearing up for the biggest sports event under leadership of Indian skipper Virat Kohli. India will play their first match against South Africa on 5 June.
Recently, India has suffered tremendous loss against Australia. They lost the match for 2-3 in the final one day International series before the ICC world cup. With this loss behind, the Indian team definitely aims to make it big for their upcoming match. Kohli even posted a video of himself on Twitter gearing up for the world cup.
India has even better batsman at No. 4 for world cup 2019. India is never short of talents and due selection will be on time. We see as a team which could perform sport and win title. Never an individual performances has won title for country in any of world cup held. #TeamIndia-Mani Perumalasamy, Twitter User
But fans expect their favourite players MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli to make it big for the upcoming series.
“Hence proved..! With out @imVkohli contribution & @msdhoni's guidance. India can't even win a match. No hope for #WorldCup in 2019”, tweeted Balaji.
Post the Pulwama attack, fans and many government authorities wanted to cancel matches between India and Pakistan. India is expected to play against Pakistan during June.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News