New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
March 18, 2019
Two of the 50 people killed in the shooting at a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, are confirmed to be residents of Hyderabad. They are Farhaj Ahsan from India and Ozair Khalid. Khalid was a student and an aspiring commercial pilot.
Ahsan's family in Hyderabad has confirmed his death while Khadir' family was looking for him since the attack
It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform that Farhaj Ahsan, one of the two Hyderabadi #ChristChurch victims has passed away. He's left behind his parents, spouse & children. I request everyone to pray for Farhaj and his family, as they deal with this great difficulty, - Asaduddin Owaisi, Chief, All India Majlis-e -Ittehadul Muslimeen
Nine Indians were missing in the attack and Ahsan's family was hoping for some good news. His father did not know about the shooting and phoned his son but could not reach him. Finally, Ahsan's wife told him about the shooting a few hours later.
Another Indian who was killed was from Kerala. Her name was Ancy Ali and she was 25 years old. She was a post-graduate student living in Christchurch with her husband.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan condoled her death saying, "Deeply shocked to learn that a Keralite is among the victims of Christchurch(New Zealand) terror attack. We are following up with the embassy..Our thoughts are with the affected family".
Also injured critically is Ahmed Jehangir, also from Hyderabad. He had to undergo a surgery and is recovering.
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News