Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
March 19, 2019
Anil Ambani, the Chairman of Reliance Communications has avoided going to jail at the last minute.
Anil Ambani has paid Rs 550 crore to Ericsson India as was ordered by the Supreme Court. Anil Ambani was given a time of 4 weeks to pay the amount or serve a jail term of three months.
Anil paid up the due amount just one day before the deadline yesterday.
Ericsson India had approach the Supreme Court against Anil Ambani for failing to keep his commitment of paying dues of Rs 550 crore for services rendered.
Supreme Court heard the case in February and found Anil Ambani and two company directors guilty of contempt of court. He was ordered to pay back the dues of ₹462 crore to Swedish telecom company Ericsson.
Anil Ambani’s Reliance Communications has suffered losses due to the success of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd.
Jio, owned by Mukesh Ambani became a huge success in the country and affected the market value of Reliance Communications negatively.
Social media had a field day tweeting about the whole affair.
Sean Segler @SeanSailorx ,”Replying to @business Can you imagine someone telling you have 48 hours to come up with 80m cash and you're wealthy enough you think you might be able to pull it off?”
Swati ChaturvediVerified account @bainjal wrote,”Swati Chaturvedi Retweeted Swati Chaturvedi Interesting that Anil Ambani paid up when he was threatened with jail. What about his other business serial disasters over the years? Who is responsible? “
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News