Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
The police in Madhya Pradesh has claimed to have solved a horrific case that has shocked people across India. This is the rape and beheading of a 12-old-year Dalit girl in Sagar district. The police has charged her three brothers, uncle and aunt for the crime.
Four of the accused have been arrested, while one is absconding, say police. One of the accused is a minor.
The victim, a class six student went missing on 13 March. Her body and the severed head were found the next day in an field outside a village. The police first declared a reward of Rs 10,000, and this was later increased to Rs 25,000 for information regarding the accused.
Amit Sanghi, the Police Superintendent ofSagar, said all the men had sexually assaulted the girl and when she threatened to file a police complaint, they strangled her to death, cut off her head and threw the body.
The girl’s aunt knew what happened but misled the police by accusing someone else. When the police questioned him, he turned out to be innocent. They also got information that the victim’s elder brother might be involved. They questioned the younger brother who confessed. Sanghi said the elder brother had raped the victim earlier also when no one was at home.
“This time while he raping her again, the other two brothers, including the minor, came and they both raped her. Meanwhile, the girl’s uncle, who is in his late forties, also came by. Initially, he scolded everyone and then he too raped her,” said the police.
The girl's blood-stained clothes and the murder weapon, which was a sickle, have been found. The police are looking for the other brother.
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News