Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
The police in Madhya Pradesh has claimed to have solved a horrific case that has shocked people across India. This is the rape and beheading of a 12-old-year Dalit girl in Sagar district. The police has charged her three brothers, uncle and aunt for the crime.
Four of the accused have been arrested, while one is absconding, say police. One of the accused is a minor.
The victim, a class six student went missing on 13 March. Her body and the severed head were found the next day in an field outside a village. The police first declared a reward of Rs 10,000, and this was later increased to Rs 25,000 for information regarding the accused.
Amit Sanghi, the Police Superintendent ofSagar, said all the men had sexually assaulted the girl and when she threatened to file a police complaint, they strangled her to death, cut off her head and threw the body.
The girl’s aunt knew what happened but misled the police by accusing someone else. When the police questioned him, he turned out to be innocent. They also got information that the victim’s elder brother might be involved. They questioned the younger brother who confessed. Sanghi said the elder brother had raped the victim earlier also when no one was at home.
“This time while he raping her again, the other two brothers, including the minor, came and they both raped her. Meanwhile, the girl’s uncle, who is in his late forties, also came by. Initially, he scolded everyone and then he too raped her,” said the police.
The girl's blood-stained clothes and the murder weapon, which was a sickle, have been found. The police are looking for the other brother.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News