Hi Bhavna, my daughter seems to be struggling to cope in school. How do I find out if she has a learning disability?
March 20, 2019
Answer: Thanks for writing in. As a parent if you feel that your child has a trouble in learning and needs special assistance, do not delay in finding support.You can start by speaking about your concerns with her class teacher. Ask about her behaviour in class and any specific concern you have about her learning or behaviour. Many schools also have internal counsellors who can guide you whether you should go for any tests.
The only correct way to find out of your child has LD is to undertake a psycho-educational assessment. These have to be done by trained professionals using certain assessment tools based on the kind of difficulties tour child is experiencing. This will help you decide the kind of support she may need.The sooner you move forward the better you can focus on steps you can take to support your child.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Get-Hooked August 13, 2019 Enjoy this Independence Day with an inclusive trek at Raigad, Maharashtra
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Indian wins Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament title
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News