Hi Bhavna, my daughter seems to be struggling to cope in school. How do I find out if she has a learning disability?
March 20, 2019
Answer: Thanks for writing in. As a parent if you feel that your child has a trouble in learning and needs special assistance, do not delay in finding support.You can start by speaking about your concerns with her class teacher. Ask about her behaviour in class and any specific concern you have about her learning or behaviour. Many schools also have internal counsellors who can guide you whether you should go for any tests.
The only correct way to find out of your child has LD is to undertake a psycho-educational assessment. These have to be done by trained professionals using certain assessment tools based on the kind of difficulties tour child is experiencing. This will help you decide the kind of support she may need.The sooner you move forward the better you can focus on steps you can take to support your child.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News