BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
March 22, 2019
Bharatiya Janata Party has declared its first list of candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The list has names of 184 candidates including those of prominent leaders such as Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh and Amit Shah.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will contest the general elections from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah, will fight the elections from Gandhinagar, Gujarat while Home Minister Rajnath Singh will be contesting from Lucknow.
Textiles Minister Smriti Irani will face Congress President Rahul Gandhi in the elections from Uttar Pradesh’s Amethi.
Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari will fight from Nagpur in Maharashtra and Union minister V K Singh is to contest form Ghaziabad.
The first list has names of candidates from 20 Indian states such as Uttar Prdesh, Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura.
The general elections 2019 are to be held in 7 phases across India on 11 April, 18 April, 23 April, 29 April, 6 May, 12 May and 19 May. Lok Sabha election results will be declared on 23 May.
Several social media users tweeted about the candidate list.
Connect Within @WithinConnect Replying to @DDNewsLive, wrote,”All BJP Candidates will Win Elections with Full Majority & will get Record Votes ...”
Sunil Taneja @thesuniltaneja tweeted,”Smirti Irani to contest from Amethi again. BJP playing very aggrassively against Rahul Gandhi. #BJPFirstList”
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News