Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
March 22, 2019
Pakistan will not be broadcasting the upcoming Indian Premier League - IPL 2019 matches.This means that people in Pakistan will not be able to watch the IPL season on Television.
The government of Pakistan has decided not to air the IPL season 12 matches that are starting from 23 March.
It seems Pakistan took the decision as DSports had ended the broadcasting of Twenty20 league matches that were held between February 14 and 17 March.
DSports is India’s official broadcaster of the Pakistan Super League- PSL and had stopped the airing of matches after the Pulwama terror attack.
The attack was carried out at the behest of Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed and had left 40 CRPF soldiers dead.
Many Indian cricketers had spoken against the involvement of Pakistan in terror attacks on India soil. It was also speculated that India may decide not to play against Pakistan in the world cup next year.
Pakistan’s decision to not air IPL matches received mixed responses on social media.
Hamid MirVerified account @HamidMirPAK wrote, “Cricket lovers ultimate losers.India banned Pakistan Super League(PSL) Cricket matches on Indian TV channels now Pakistan decided to ban Indian Premier League(IPL) matches on Pakistani channels.”
M Saleem Baloch @MSaleemBaloch17 tweeted,”I am very sad to not watch VIVO IPL 12 in pakistan !”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News