Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
Jet Airways is going through its worst financial crisis. The pilots of the airlines, engineers and even senior management staffs have not been paid their salaries for over three months now. They have sent a letter to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Babu asking them to intervene in the matter so that their dues are cleared. Pilots from Jet said that if their dues are not cleared by 31 March, they will refuse to fly from 1 April. Reports also state that Jet Airways have now approached the government to help them during the financial crisis.
To be very clear: getting public sector banks to bail out Jet Airways is neither capitalistic nor neo-liberal. It is just a government bailing out private businessmen with public money. It discriminates against other market players with better business models & management-Nitin Pai, Director, Takshashila Institution
Many pilots from Jet Airways approached low cost airline SpiceJet seeking employment opportunities. Even Indigo is now hiring pilots from Jet now. They are holding walk-in interviews where reportedly over 200 pilots have already attended.
Hundreds of Jet Airways flights were cancelled in the last one month because pilots refused to fly. Pilots are refusing to fly from many important cities. This is going to affect thousands of passengers who have already booked their tickets to various places across India.
“Booked a roud trip through @makemytrip from Bombay to Bangkok and return. My flight was scheduled for 12 April 2019 from Bombay and 23rd April 2019 from Bangkok. Today, got a message saying flights have been cancelled. I want a full refund!”, tweeted Anuj Gupta.
Jet is in talks with many banks and Abu Dhabi based airline Etihad, which is their main sponsor, to help them out during this time of crisis.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News