Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
Jet Airways is going through its worst financial crisis. The pilots of the airlines, engineers and even senior management staffs have not been paid their salaries for over three months now. They have sent a letter to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Babu asking them to intervene in the matter so that their dues are cleared. Pilots from Jet said that if their dues are not cleared by 31 March, they will refuse to fly from 1 April. Reports also state that Jet Airways have now approached the government to help them during the financial crisis.
To be very clear: getting public sector banks to bail out Jet Airways is neither capitalistic nor neo-liberal. It is just a government bailing out private businessmen with public money. It discriminates against other market players with better business models & management-Nitin Pai, Director, Takshashila Institution
Many pilots from Jet Airways approached low cost airline SpiceJet seeking employment opportunities. Even Indigo is now hiring pilots from Jet now. They are holding walk-in interviews where reportedly over 200 pilots have already attended.
Hundreds of Jet Airways flights were cancelled in the last one month because pilots refused to fly. Pilots are refusing to fly from many important cities. This is going to affect thousands of passengers who have already booked their tickets to various places across India.
“Booked a roud trip through @makemytrip from Bombay to Bangkok and return. My flight was scheduled for 12 April 2019 from Bombay and 23rd April 2019 from Bangkok. Today, got a message saying flights have been cancelled. I want a full refund!”, tweeted Anuj Gupta.
Jet is in talks with many banks and Abu Dhabi based airline Etihad, which is their main sponsor, to help them out during this time of crisis.
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News