At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
In an massive explosion that triggered an earthquake in China, at least 47 people lost their lives and more than 600 were injured yesterday.
As per reports, the explosion took place at a chemical factory in Yancheng city. The explosion was so powerful that it caused a 2.2-magnitude earthquake. As a result around 16 other structures in the vicinity were also damaged.
The 640 people injured include children and around 32 are said to be in very critical condition. The injured are being treated at 16 different local hospitals.
The cause of the fire is being investigated. The chemical plant is involved in the production of some highly flammable compounds and had been accused of violating safety norms in the past.
This is not the first such large scale industrial accident in China. In 2015, 165 people were killed in a series of explosions that took place at a chemical warehouse in city of Tianjin.
The loss of lives in the explosion has shocked the world and many people shared their views on social media.
NEPALFOX ™@Nepalfox tweeted,”Replying to @SCMPNews This is #Chinese monkey business. Corrupt government oversight and equally corrupt business practices. #china”
Curtislund @Curtislund2 Replying to @cnnbrk tweeted,”Was it poor working conditions. We know their factories get away with some sh**. We will never know for sure. Right?”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News