Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
Congress leader Sam Pitroda has stirred a controversy by raising doubts about Indian Air Force's airstrike in Balakot, Pakistan. "What did we really attack? Did we really kill 300 people? I don't know that." Sam Pitroda said. "I'm entitled to know and if I ask it's my duty to ask,” He added.
He further said that the whole country of Pakistan should not be blamed for the recent Pulwama attack and the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Pitroda said,” Attack happened in Mumbai also, we could've then...just sent our planes but that's not the right approach...Because eight people come and do something, you don't jump on the entire nation."
His statements have been widely condemned.
Prime Minister Modi tweeted,
Opposition insults our forces time and again. I appeal to my fellow Indians- question Opposition leaders on their statements. Tell them- 130 crore Indians will not forgive or forget the Opposition for their antics. India stands firmly with our forces. #JantaMaafNahiKaregi
Other BJP leaders also took to social media and the hashtag #JantaMaafNahiKaregi was trending.
Chowkidar Piyush Goyaltweeted,”Sam Pitroda's comments show the thinking of Congress. They are playing into the hands of 'Tukde-Tukde' gang. It is high time Congress does some introspection considering their bogey of Hindu Terror has also been busted. #JantaMaafNahiKaregi”
External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj also shared her thoughts.
Chowkidar Sushma SwarajVerified account @SushmaSwaraj wrote,”Sam Pitroda - I am shocked to see your remarks. The whole world is with us in our fight against terror except few like you and your patrons. #SamPitroda”
Who is Sam Pitroda?
Satyanarayan Gangaram Pitroda or popularily known as Sam Pitroda is a senior Congress party leader.
Pitroda is the chief of Indian Overseas Congress and is part of the 2019 manifesto committee of the party.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News