PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
The relations between India and Pakistan have been bad ever since the dastardly Pulwama attack. India even took the extreme step of entering Pakistan’s air space to destroy three terror camps in Pakistani soil. In spite of all the rising tensions, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi wished Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday on the occasion of Pakistan’s National Day. Khan took to his Twitter account to share the message sent to him by Modi.
Received msg from PM Modi: "I extend my greetings & best wishes to the people of Pakistan on the National Day of Pakistan. It is time that ppl of Sub-continent work together for a democratic, peaceful, progressive & prosperous region, in an atmosphere free of terror and violence-Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan
Indian officials did not take part in the celebrations that were hosted at the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi. This is because Hurriyat leaders were invited to the function along with other extremists. Many social media users appreciated the Indian government for the move.
“Outside Pakistan High Commission, Govt officials informing all Indian invitees that - 'Govt of India has decided to boycott the Pak National Day event and now it is for your conscience to decide if you want to attend or not after deadly Pulwama terror attack.' Very good move”, tweeted Media Personality Aditya Raj Kaul.
With rising tensions between both the countries, India has been inviting Pakistan to hold talks to curb terrorism that has been growing in their soil. But nothing substantial has turned out till date.
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News