PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
The relations between India and Pakistan have been bad ever since the dastardly Pulwama attack. India even took the extreme step of entering Pakistan’s air space to destroy three terror camps in Pakistani soil. In spite of all the rising tensions, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi wished Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday on the occasion of Pakistan’s National Day. Khan took to his Twitter account to share the message sent to him by Modi.
Received msg from PM Modi: "I extend my greetings & best wishes to the people of Pakistan on the National Day of Pakistan. It is time that ppl of Sub-continent work together for a democratic, peaceful, progressive & prosperous region, in an atmosphere free of terror and violence-Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan
Indian officials did not take part in the celebrations that were hosted at the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi. This is because Hurriyat leaders were invited to the function along with other extremists. Many social media users appreciated the Indian government for the move.
“Outside Pakistan High Commission, Govt officials informing all Indian invitees that - 'Govt of India has decided to boycott the Pak National Day event and now it is for your conscience to decide if you want to attend or not after deadly Pulwama terror attack.' Very good move”, tweeted Media Personality Aditya Raj Kaul.
With rising tensions between both the countries, India has been inviting Pakistan to hold talks to curb terrorism that has been growing in their soil. But nothing substantial has turned out till date.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News