Hello. My baby girl is 2.5 years old and she has been diagnosed with SMA Type 2. I want to know if there is any treatment related to this.
March 27, 2019
Answer: Hello! Thanks for writing to NewzHook. There is a Facebook group called Cure SMA India which has a network in many cities across the country. This is a group formed by parents who are actively helping each other and also helping families and caregivers access the best support.
You can reach out to them here - https://www.facebook.com/curesmaindia/ to find a support group specific to the city you are based in.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-bhavna February 27, 2019
I have a 13-year-old daughter who is physically disabled. She finds it hard to make friends and suffers from low self-esteem. She hates going to school as she feels that her classmates make fun of her. She has become quiet even at home and does not engage with any of the family members. Please help
Newz Hook - Accessible News