Hello. My baby girl is 2.5 years old and she has been diagnosed with SMA Type 2. I want to know if there is any treatment related to this.
March 27, 2019
Answer: Hello! Thanks for writing to NewzHook. There is a Facebook group called Cure SMA India which has a network in many cities across the country. This is a group formed by parents who are actively helping each other and also helping families and caregivers access the best support.
You can reach out to them here - https://www.facebook.com/curesmaindia/ to find a support group specific to the city you are based in.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-Bhavna May 15, 2019
Hello Bhavna. My name is Syed Reyaz and I am working in the Fire & Emergency Department in Jammu and Kashmir. I am a fireman and I fell from the ladder on duty while firefighting. I have suffered a spinal cord injury but my department cannot help me. I don’t have Mediclaim either. What can I do?
Newz Hook - Accessible News