111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
March 25, 2019
In the upcoming general elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is contesting from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
As per reports, 111 farmers from Tamil Nadu will be contesting against PM Modi from the constituency.
These farmers have been protesting for a long time in Delhi and will now use the elections to highlight their demands.
The farmers from Tamil Nadu claim that they have the support of All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee and other farmers.
For the time being the farmers are hoping that BJP will include their demands in the party’s manifesto.
The farmers will be filing 111 nominations from the Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency unless the BJP led government assures them of fulfilling their demands.
The farmers may not be able to have a huge impact on the vote share of Prime Minister Modi, however, their gesture is a mark of protest against the government.
Some main demands of the farmers include loan waiver, increase in income, and pension plan for older farmers.
Social media users commented on the announcement made by the farmers.
Vikrant Nirmala Singh @vikrantfetc wrote, “PM Modi ji has made Five big lies in last five years (one lies per year) to the farmers of our country on the name of doubling farmers income. @nakalcheebandar @rajeevgowda @_YogendraYadav”
rameshkotnana @rameshkotnana1 tweeted,”Farmers are our Gods, but our beloved businesstycoons' friendly PM Narendra Modi has ignored the many pleas of farmers of #Tamilnadu, who have been demanding a good support from the government, which he (Modi) has failed to fulfill…https://lnkd.in/fdZru85 “
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News