111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
March 25, 2019
In the upcoming general elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is contesting from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
As per reports, 111 farmers from Tamil Nadu will be contesting against PM Modi from the constituency.
These farmers have been protesting for a long time in Delhi and will now use the elections to highlight their demands.
The farmers from Tamil Nadu claim that they have the support of All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee and other farmers.
For the time being the farmers are hoping that BJP will include their demands in the party’s manifesto.
The farmers will be filing 111 nominations from the Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency unless the BJP led government assures them of fulfilling their demands.
The farmers may not be able to have a huge impact on the vote share of Prime Minister Modi, however, their gesture is a mark of protest against the government.
Some main demands of the farmers include loan waiver, increase in income, and pension plan for older farmers.
Social media users commented on the announcement made by the farmers.
Vikrant Nirmala Singh @vikrantfetc wrote, “PM Modi ji has made Five big lies in last five years (one lies per year) to the farmers of our country on the name of doubling farmers income. @nakalcheebandar @rajeevgowda @_YogendraYadav”
rameshkotnana @rameshkotnana1 tweeted,”Farmers are our Gods, but our beloved businesstycoons' friendly PM Narendra Modi has ignored the many pleas of farmers of #Tamilnadu, who have been demanding a good support from the government, which he (Modi) has failed to fulfill…https://lnkd.in/fdZru85 “
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News