PM Modi's address to the nation
March 27, 2019
In a televised address to the nation earlier today Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that India has established its name as a space power, becoming the fourth country in the world to do so after United States, Russia and China.
Congratulating the DRDO for this achievement, Prime Minister Modi said on live television:
Our scientists have successfully shot down a Low Earth Orbit satellite, 300 km away in space. The operation was a success. 'Mission Shakti' was a difficult mission. It happened in just three minutes. It's a proud moment for all Indians. It’s a matter of pride for all of us that it has been done by indigenously developed technology. The Prime Minister congratulates the DRDO for the feat. - Prime Minister Narendra Modi
The PM went on to say that there are enough satellites in India contributing in segments like agriculture, disaster management, communication, weather, navigation etc.. "The anti-satellite A-SAT will strengthen the country's defence. India has always been against warfare in the space. This has not changed. Today's test is within the limits of international laws."
PM Modi said that India aims to "maintain peace, rather than war mongering. The aim of our space programme is peace, India’s economic and technological progress”
Claiming that the success of the mission would ensure a safe nation, he congratulated the people of India for the achievement.
The A-SAT or anti-satellite mission, he added, shows India's capability to shoot down an enemy satellite in the low-earth and polar orbits. The DRDO has been working on the technology for a while
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News