What makes these women such #WonderWomen? Read on to find out
March 31, 2019
March 8 is celebrated the workd over as International Women’s Day. At NewzHook, we decided to make it a month-long celebration by bringing you stories of women who are changemakers in the space of disability. Five women from varying backgrounds and experiences, with remarkable life stories and journeys.
We started off with Divya Sharma, a content writer from small-town Punjab who was denied basic opportunities while growing up just because she is visually impaired. Did that stop Divya? Read her story to find out.
Who hasn’t heard of Akila Vaidyanathan? As founder of Amaze Foundation, she has touched the lives of countless children with developmental disorders. In her column for NewzHook, she talks about where inclusion truly begins.
Laxmi Agarwal ’s story is all set to be immortalized on screen by no less than Deepika Padukone. This plucky woman battled the aftermath of a vicious acid attack to become the voice and face for many others like her.
Beautiful inside and out, beauty queen Priya Bhargav has conquered the world stage on her wheelchair.
Words fail when it comes to Dr Ketna Mehta. After suffering a permanent injury to her spine, she fought back and has become a voice of hope for hundreds of spinal cord injury patients.
And finally what makes Mariyath C H such a potent voice in the coming elections? Her story tells you the secret to her incredible fighting spirit.
Watch in Sign Language
- Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
June 16, 2019
- Understanding Fibromyalgia
June 16, 2019
- Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News