What makes these women such #WonderWomen? Read on to find out
March 31, 2019
March 8 is celebrated the workd over as International Women’s Day. At NewzHook, we decided to make it a month-long celebration by bringing you stories of women who are changemakers in the space of disability. Five women from varying backgrounds and experiences, with remarkable life stories and journeys.
We started off with Divya Sharma, a content writer from small-town Punjab who was denied basic opportunities while growing up just because she is visually impaired. Did that stop Divya? Read her story to find out.
Who hasn’t heard of Akila Vaidyanathan? As founder of Amaze Foundation, she has touched the lives of countless children with developmental disorders. In her column for NewzHook, she talks about where inclusion truly begins.
Laxmi Agarwal ’s story is all set to be immortalized on screen by no less than Deepika Padukone. This plucky woman battled the aftermath of a vicious acid attack to become the voice and face for many others like her.
Beautiful inside and out, beauty queen Priya Bhargav has conquered the world stage on her wheelchair.
Words fail when it comes to Dr Ketna Mehta. After suffering a permanent injury to her spine, she fought back and has become a voice of hope for hundreds of spinal cord injury patients.
And finally what makes Mariyath C H such a potent voice in the coming elections? Her story tells you the secret to her incredible fighting spirit.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News