What makes these women such #WonderWomen? Read on to find out
March 31, 2019
March 8 is celebrated the workd over as International Women’s Day. At NewzHook, we decided to make it a month-long celebration by bringing you stories of women who are changemakers in the space of disability. Five women from varying backgrounds and experiences, with remarkable life stories and journeys.
We started off with Divya Sharma, a content writer from small-town Punjab who was denied basic opportunities while growing up just because she is visually impaired. Did that stop Divya? Read her story to find out.
Who hasn’t heard of Akila Vaidyanathan? As founder of Amaze Foundation, she has touched the lives of countless children with developmental disorders. In her column for NewzHook, she talks about where inclusion truly begins.
Laxmi Agarwal ’s story is all set to be immortalized on screen by no less than Deepika Padukone. This plucky woman battled the aftermath of a vicious acid attack to become the voice and face for many others like her.
Beautiful inside and out, beauty queen Priya Bhargav has conquered the world stage on her wheelchair.
Words fail when it comes to Dr Ketna Mehta. After suffering a permanent injury to her spine, she fought back and has become a voice of hope for hundreds of spinal cord injury patients.
And finally what makes Mariyath C H such a potent voice in the coming elections? Her story tells you the secret to her incredible fighting spirit.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News