PM Modi gets clean chit from Election Commission
March 31, 2019
The Election Commission of India (ECI) gave a clean chit to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his address to nation that was given last Wednesday. ECI said that Modi has not violated model code of conduct. It also added that public broadcasters Doordarshan and All India Radio were not involved in the production of the speech given by Modi. The telecast was not live either. A committee was formed in order to look into the matter.
Opposition parties stated that the speech given by Modi was clearly a violation of the model code of conduct. In the speech, Modi had mentioned about the successful test firing of Mission Shakthi, which is India’s anti-satellite mission. He also mentioned about how his BJP government has been striving to uphold national security. CPI (M)’s Sitaram Yechury was one amongst those who filed a complaint with the ECI. After the complaint, the panel went through the details of the speech given by Modi before concluding that he did not violate model code of conduct.
Election Commission today gave a clean chit to Prime Minister #NarendraModi for his address to the nation on Mission Shakti. The poll panel had set up a committee to examine whether Modi's speech broke the modal code of conduct which is in force for Lok Sabha polls.#BJP4India-Nikhil Singh, Twitter User
Opposition parties were clearly not happy with the findings of the Election Commission. Social media users also criticised the Election Commission.
“Not acceptable decision of EC. EC's working has been sluggish& long meditating on complaints.God knows how they will conduct this high voltage election.There are no hopes from this EC.Modi govt may go through a series of testings & PM will remain addressing &EC merely a spectator”, tweeted RM Madhwal.
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News