100 filmmakers start campaign against the BJP
March 31, 2019
Over 100 film makers from across South and North Indian cinema have come together and urged people to not vote for BJP. The film makers who created the platform Save the Democracy hopes that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rule will not happen in India yet again. The appeal was posted on www.artistunitedindia.com where the film makers said that they are coming together to protect democracy of India. Most of the film makers are ones who have done movies independently. All the film makers said that they want their joint statement to reach to the people as much as possible.
Communities across India are standing up against the BJP govt's misuse of power, hate politics & polarisation. Over 100 filmmakers have come together to appeal to every Indian to stop BJP from eroding our Constitution, our institutions & our diversity-Congress Party
Anand Patwardhan, Aashiq Abu, Bina Paul, Vetri Maaran, Sanal Sasidharan, Gurvinder Singh, Kabir Singh and Anjali Monteiro are some of the prominent names in the list.
The statement released by the film makers said that they are against cow vigilantism, hate politics and increasing censorship which the BJP has been imposing on people since the last five years.
“108 global economists had slammed the #Modi govt over suppression of job data. Now 100 filmmakers issue a joint statement saying 'Remove BJP to protect democracy' Experts from every field are speaking out against the fascist tendencies of the #BJP govt, tweeted Shama Mohamed, National Media Panelist, Indian National Congress.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 19, 2019 One conviction in high profile murder of UK teen in Goa
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News