Indian techie murdered in Germany, wife out of danger
April 1, 2019
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has confirmed the death of an Indian techie in Germany in a stabbing incident. Prashant Basarur his wife Smita were attacked by their neighbour in Munich. The couple, who are from Karnataka, have been settled in Germany for 15 years and have two children.
In a tweet, Swaraj said, "Indian couple Prashant and Smita Basarur were stabbed by an immigrant near Munich. Unfortunately, Prashant has expired. Smita is stable. We are facilitating the travel of Prashant's brother to Germany. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family."
The attacker is said to be a migrant from New Guinea. He used a kitchen knife to stab the couple. He has been arrested. The reason for the attack is not clear as yet. Police are still investigating the incident. The accused was a neighbour of the couple and indications are it was not a hate crime.
Swaraj also appreciated the work done by the Consulate General of India in Munich and asked them to take care of the couple's children.
Smita's family in Udupi district's Siddapur is in shock. Her brother is on his way to Germany. The couple's children visited India two years ago and are currently in the care of the German government. Officials say that Smita's second brother who is based in Dubai is also flying to Munich.
Preliminary reports reveal that the couple had an argument with the accused after which eh stabbed them. Prashant was stabbed many times in the head and the body. The couple obtained German citizenship last year and had spent many years living in Bengaluru and Hyderabad before moving there.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News