Tommy Hilfiger’s latest Spring Collection features fashionable adaptive clothing
April 2, 2019
Tommy Hilfiger, the global fashion brand is synonymous with style and inclusion. Recently, the brand unveiled its Spring Collection 2019. Not only are the designs mind blowing, there is a range of adaptive clothing.
This is not the first time that the clothing brand has introduced a line for people with disabilities. Tommy has been creating exciting and lovely adaptive clothing for disabled people since 2016. One of the first international clothing brands to introduce exclusive stuff for people with disabilities, Tommy’s apparels are unique and distinct for many reasons. This time the brand has chosen disabled influencers for their latest collection
For a disabled person, dressing up can be challenging in many ways. Tommy aims to bridge those barriers. They have designed clothes to suit requirements of every person who has a disability. In order to promote their latest line, Tommy released a set of videos that have become a social media hit. One of them features Mia, a young girl with Down syndrome, who is able to dress independently thanks to the adaptive line.
Given India's own rich history with fashion, its high time brands here followed suit says Priya Bhargava, winner, Miss Wheelchair India 2015.
I wonder why Indian designers or brands are unaware of all these. I hardly see any adaptive clothes if I go to markets or stores. I would really appreciate it is this happens in India as well. First and foremost priority in the disability space must be to promote accessible infrastructure across the world. - Priya Bhargava, Miss Wheelchair India 2015
In 2018, Tommy introduced the campaign Independence promoting adaptive clothing for both children and adults. In their latest spring collection, clothes have been designed according to requirements of the person’s disability. Buttons are replaced with magnetic closures and one-hand zipper jackets are introduced. Other international brands are also following the trend that has been introduced by Tommy.
“Had a lot of fun directing the spot for this campaign. Tommy just released their Spring adaptive line of clothes”, tweeted James Rath, a visually impaired film director and accessibility advocate.
“Great to see this range of clothing by @TommyHilfiger - hopefully more clothing companies will follow suit”, tweeted occupational therapist Lelanie.
While Tommy brands are available in India, it's unclear if the adaptive line has hit markets here as yet. But going by the enthusiasm here, maybe its time Indian designers took the hint.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News