Eye Contact; An insight into Autism
How do we look at disability? And how do we represent disability in visual and social culture? Why do some stories exist outside of mainstream narratives? And how will the visibility of such marginalised narratives affect and contribute to collective thinking?
Colours Centre for Learning in collaboration with The Be A Smile Project, a research project investigating autism and society, presents Eye Contact; An insight into autism.
Eye Contact; An insight into autism is an art exhibition of students works that questions how our gaze as a society is informed, and what it means to be human. It aims to mark a shift towards inclusion and breaking down the boundaries that society willingly and unwillingly places on those who are differently abled.
Running alongside the exhibition is a public programme of events such as discussions with members of the local community and is open to all. There will also be a performance in the gallery space.
- Starts on: Friday, 05 Apr 2019 at 11:00 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 07 Apr 2019 at 07:00 PM
- City: Bangalore
- Location: Rangoli - The Metro Art Center, Mg Road, Bangalore M.G. Road
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Colours Learning Centre
- Organizer Phone: 9886000691
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://colourslearning.com
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News