Rahul files nomination from Wayanad
April 5, 2019
Congress President Rahul Gandhi filed his nomination on Thursday at Wayanad in Kerala as a candidate for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. Rahul Gandhi, along with his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra arrived at Kozhikode on Wednesday night. They were given a grand welcome at Kozhikode airport where Kerala’s former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was also there to welcome him. Rahul took a chopper to Kalpetta in Wayanad where he filed the nomination at the District Collectorate. Wayanad, a small town in Kerala, is home to India’s largest population of tribal people. Opposition parties criticised Rahul Gandhi saying that he is running away to the small town because he is scared of his failure in Amethi.
Congress President @RahulGandhi is received by a huge crowd of well wishers as he arrives in Calicut to file his nomination for the Lok Sabha elections from the Wayanad constituency-Congress Party
While addressing a rally, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Congress has used the term Hindu terror hence angering many people. Hence, Rahul Gandhi had to contest in Wayanad where there is only a minority. Elections will happen at Wayanad on 23 April and results will be announced on 23 May.
“We dare Rahul Gandhi @RahulGandhi to pronounce Wayanad the way we malayalees do and also to discuss issues faced by tribals without the help of a translator. That is the first step before talking about Development. #NaMoAgain @AmitShah @narendramodi”, tweeted Chowkidhar Thushar Vellapally, State Convenor of NDA in Kerala.
“With an outpouring of love and support, Youth Congress is leading by the masses in Kerala for Congress President Shri @RahulGandhi's nomination in #Wayanad today. We have been spreading awareness of the #NYAYForIndia scheme across the length and breath of Kerala too”, tweeted Srinivas PV, Vice-President of Indian Youth Congress
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News