Modi biopic release delayed, case in court
April 5, 2019
The Supreme Court has agreed to hear the petition against the release of movie based on the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The petition claims that the release of the film just before the general elections violates the ‘Model Code of Conduct’ and may manipulate the voters.
The court will hear the petition on Monday, 8 April. Three different High Courts in the country from Madhya Pradesh, Bombay and Delhi have dismissed the plea against the movie release so far.
The Supreme Court will hear the writ petition that has been filed by a Congress party leader Aman Panwar. Congress has also appealed to the Election Commission asking for a stay on the movie’s release and the EC is yet to announce its decision on the Modi biopic.
The biopic titled 'PM Narendra Modi' has been directed by Omung Kumar and stars actor Vivek Oberoi playing the character of PM Modi.
The makers announced a delay in the release of the movie on social media. Producer Sandip Ssingh tweeted,
This is to confirm, our film 'PM Narendra Modi' is not releasing on 5th April. Will update soon.
Director Omung Kumar also tweeted, "Suspense! The film isn't releasing tomorrow, not on 5th April. But it'll be done soon, you'll get to know. We don't want to tell you the date now. Opposition had come forward, tried things. It's late but we know what date to release it on."
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 12, 2019
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News