Modi biopic release delayed, case in court
April 5, 2019
The Supreme Court has agreed to hear the petition against the release of movie based on the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The petition claims that the release of the film just before the general elections violates the ‘Model Code of Conduct’ and may manipulate the voters.
The court will hear the petition on Monday, 8 April. Three different High Courts in the country from Madhya Pradesh, Bombay and Delhi have dismissed the plea against the movie release so far.
The Supreme Court will hear the writ petition that has been filed by a Congress party leader Aman Panwar. Congress has also appealed to the Election Commission asking for a stay on the movie’s release and the EC is yet to announce its decision on the Modi biopic.
The biopic titled 'PM Narendra Modi' has been directed by Omung Kumar and stars actor Vivek Oberoi playing the character of PM Modi.
The makers announced a delay in the release of the movie on social media. Producer Sandip Ssingh tweeted,
This is to confirm, our film 'PM Narendra Modi' is not releasing on 5th April. Will update soon.
Director Omung Kumar also tweeted, "Suspense! The film isn't releasing tomorrow, not on 5th April. But it'll be done soon, you'll get to know. We don't want to tell you the date now. Opposition had come forward, tried things. It's late but we know what date to release it on."
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News