Election Commission warns Yogi Aditynath over comments
April 7, 2019
The Chief of Minister Yogi Adityanath has received a strong warning from the Election Commission of India (ECI) This is for his comment calling the Indian Army "Modi ji ki sena" at a rally. The comment was criticised by the opposition parties and some retired Army officers.
Five days ago Yogi Adityanath had made the comment at an election rally in Uttar Pradesh. The ECI responded saying, "Be careful in your utterances in the future,".
The exact words used by Yogi Adityanath at a rally in Ghaziabad were:
Congress people used to serve terrorists biryani, but Modiji's Sena gives them only bullets and bombs. That's the difference. Congress people use "ji" for terrorists like Masood Azhar, but under the leadership of PM Modi, the BJP government is breaking the backs of terrorists by striking their camps. - Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
The comment was condemned by opposition leaders and former army officials, who said the armed forced should not be dragged into politics. "It is shocking to hear the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister referring to the Indian Army as the 'Modi Sena'. Such blatant usurping of our beloved Indian Army is an insult and a humiliation," said Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal Chief Minister.
Union Minister V K Singh also rebuked Yogi Adityanath, saying that the "army does not belong to any individual but to the entire nation".
Former Navy chief Admiral L Ramdas asked the EC to look into possible violation of the poll code.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News