Get informed about the Election Commission of India's PwD App
April 8, 2019
If you are a disabled person who is eligible to vote but is still trying to register or just gain more information, check out the Election Commission of India (ECI)'s PwD App. The mobile phone app can be downloaded on Android mobile phones from the Google play store. The PwD App is available for free and is a means to collect information about people with disabilities so they can vote easily.
The app is meant specifically for people with disabilities and aims to make voter identification and registration easier. It is designed specifically for first time voters or for those who want to avail the facilities on polling day.
Here is how you use the Pwd App.
Download the PwD App from Google play store
You get the option to choose preferred language, which is between English and Hindi
Enter your mobile number and get an OTP on your phone.
On entering the OTP you are logged into the app.“Yes it is a very good initiative of Election Commission of India to recognise people with disabilities and to help them out while casting their vote. “Says Dr Riitesh Sinha, Innovator with Cerebral Palsy
- You can now access the various services and facilities available on the app.
The app gives the following options to the users.
Request for marking as PwD.
Request for new voter registration.
Request for transfer.
Request for change - Correction, Deletion.
Request for wheelchair.
Search poling official.
- Read/view article.
Users will need to provide their name, address and mobile number along with their state, district and assembly constituency if they are new voters.
Existing voters will have to provide their EPIC Number mentioned on the top of their voter ID card.
Once users add the details of their disabilities on the app, the information is passed on to the Booth Level Officer (BLO), who will visit their homes and update the person’s details in the electoral rolls. The voters will receive their Voter ID cards at their homes.
The app automatically takes the GPS location of the phone and can direct the user to the nearest polling station.
By clicking on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner, users can access other options as well. Some of these are Info about the app, settings, terms and conditions, accessibility, complaint status, helpline.
The app will allow the Election Commission to get information about disabled voters in a specific area and help conduct accessible elections by arranging facilities for them.
Here is the link for the app download : PWD APP
Watch in Sign Language
- Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
June 26, 2019
- Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
June 26, 2019
- Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News