PM Narendra Modi biopic will clash with election date
April 7, 2019
The release date of the film 'PM Narendra Modi' has now been announced as 11 April.
The release of the film will clash with the first phase of polling for upcoming Lok Sabha elections that is also starting on 11 April.
The film has raked a lot of controversy before its release as it is a biopic on the life of Prime Minister Modi.
Opposition party Congress has appealed to the Supreme Court and the Election Commission asking for a stay on the release of the film as it may manipulate the voters. Supreme Court will hear the petition against the movie on 8 April.
Actor Vivek Oberoi who is playing the role of PM Modi in the film took to twitter about the petition of congress.
Dear @RahulGandhi ji, on Monday morning in the Honorable Supreme Court, will you also try to stop your alliance partner @laluprasadrjd ji’s autobiography? Or is it just our film you’re after? Is this not #hypocrisy? #DoubleSpeak @yadavtejashwi @INCIndia #PMNarendraModi
The movie release date was earlier set for 5 April but it was delayed as it was yet to receive the clearance from Censor Board.
Omung Kumar, director of the film also tweeted,”Thank you everyone for your support. Here’s the date when our film #PMNarendraModi will be releasing. 11th April. Jai hind”
The producer of the film has announced that the movie will be released in 38 countries, including the US, UK, Canada, Australia and the UAE. It will be shown in 1,700 screens in India and in about 600 screens overseas.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News