Pakistan claims threat of Indian attack, India says rubbish
April 9, 2019
India has rubbished Pakistan's claim that it is planning another attack on its territory in April. India has dismissed the claim as "preposterous" and "irresponsible" and says Pakistan is trying to create war hysteria in the region.
In a statement, India said this was a "public gimmick..and appears to be a call to Pakistan-based terrorists to undertake a terror attack in India. "
A spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry in India also said that Pakistan needs to take "credible and irreversible steps" against terrorism and not make "hysterical statements to obfuscate the core issue that bedevils our region: cross- border terrorism."
This comes after Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that his country has "reliable intelligence" that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan.
As per our information, this could take place between April 16 and 20. - Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Pakistan Foreign Minister
Pakistan said it has also voiced its concerns to members of the United Nations Security Council.
Pakistan has said this over a month after the Indian Air Force carried out air strikes on a terror camp of the Jaish-e Mohammed at Balakot. One day later, Pakistani fighter jets violated Indian airspace and targeted Indian military installations.
In the aerial dogfight that followed, India claims to have brought down a Pakistani F-16 aircraft. The Indian pilot who shot down the plane, Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, was captured by Pakistan and released later.
"It has been made clear to Pakistan that it cannot absolve itself of responsibility of a cross border terrorist attack in India", said India. "Pakistan has been advised to use established diplomatic and DGMO channels to share any actionable and credible intelligence it has about imminent terror attacks. India reserves the right to respond firmly and decisively to any cross border terrorist attack."
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 12, 2019
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News