Pakistan claims threat of Indian attack, India says rubbish
April 9, 2019
India has rubbished Pakistan's claim that it is planning another attack on its territory in April. India has dismissed the claim as "preposterous" and "irresponsible" and says Pakistan is trying to create war hysteria in the region.
In a statement, India said this was a "public gimmick..and appears to be a call to Pakistan-based terrorists to undertake a terror attack in India. "
A spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry in India also said that Pakistan needs to take "credible and irreversible steps" against terrorism and not make "hysterical statements to obfuscate the core issue that bedevils our region: cross- border terrorism."
This comes after Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that his country has "reliable intelligence" that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan.
As per our information, this could take place between April 16 and 20. - Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Pakistan Foreign Minister
Pakistan said it has also voiced its concerns to members of the United Nations Security Council.
Pakistan has said this over a month after the Indian Air Force carried out air strikes on a terror camp of the Jaish-e Mohammed at Balakot. One day later, Pakistani fighter jets violated Indian airspace and targeted Indian military installations.
In the aerial dogfight that followed, India claims to have brought down a Pakistani F-16 aircraft. The Indian pilot who shot down the plane, Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, was captured by Pakistan and released later.
"It has been made clear to Pakistan that it cannot absolve itself of responsibility of a cross border terrorist attack in India", said India. "Pakistan has been advised to use established diplomatic and DGMO channels to share any actionable and credible intelligence it has about imminent terror attacks. India reserves the right to respond firmly and decisively to any cross border terrorist attack."
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News