Rahul Gandhi files nomination from Amethi
April 11, 2019
After filing nomination papers from the Wayanad constituency last week, Congress party president Rahul Gandhi filed nomination from Amethi this week.
Gandhi will be fighting the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from both the constituencies. He was accompanied by his family members, mother Sonia Gandhi, sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who is the Congress General Secretary and Robert Vadra.
Raihan and Miraya, niece and nephew of Rahul Gandhi were also present at the occasion.
He rode on the rooftop of a truck that moved through the streets of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh while going for the nomination process. Rahul was seen promoting his campaign theme for the election - the NYAY scheme by holding out T-shirt with the logo of the scheme.
Rahul also tweeted about the scheme saying
NYAY is such a powerful idea. Absolutely amazing resonance in the field. Even PM (Past Master) can’t stop talking about it.
Under the NYAY scheme, congress is promising to pay an annual amount of 72,000 rupees to the poor people of India.
Union Minister Smriti Irani is fighting opposite Rahul Gandhi in Amethi and the election day is scheduled for 6 May. While in Kerala's Wayanad constituency CPI general Secretary S. Sudhakar Reddy is contesting against him.
Rahul’s brother in law Robert Vadra tweeted,” My best wishes to Rahul for a successful, productive and a healthy future, to create the change INDIA requires. Always in your support. #LokSabhaElections2019 ”
Watch in Sign Language
- India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
June 24, 2019
- Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
June 24, 2019
- Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
June 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News