New tech will enable the deaf in New Zealand to enjoy the Olympics
Thanks to new technology in closed captioning, the deaf and hearing impaired in New Zealand will be able to enjoy the Olympics fully.
A high speed voice activated captioning system will see commentary at the Rio Olympics posted on free-to-air coverage with only a few seconds delay.
The new technology will also feature mood to really involve people in what is happening. This includes sound effects like crowd cheers or commentators speaking, an experience that will bring viewers closer to the action.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
February 19, 2019
- Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
February 18, 2019
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019