First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
April 12, 2019
The voting for the first phase of the 17th Lok Sabha elections was completed in different parts of India on Thursday. Polling took place for a total of 91 seats in 20 states and union territories including Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Telengana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshwadeep. The counting of votes will take place on 23 May.
2019 Lok Sabha elections commence today. I call upon all those whose constituencies are voting in the first phase today to turn out in record numbers and exercise their franchise. I specially urge young and first-time voters to vote in large numbers-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
There were a high percentage of voters who cast their votes for the first phase of elections. According to reports, there was a turn out of over 38% in Telengana, 51% in Uttar Pradesh, 46% in Jammu and Kashmir and 41% in Odisha. There was a high voting turn out rate at West Bengal as well with over 55% coming out to cast their votes. Polls were also held in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh as well.
“No 2 Crore JOBS. No 15 Lakhs in Bank A/C. No ACCHE DIN. Instead: No JOBS. DEMONETISATION. Farmers in Pain. GABBAR SINGH TAX. Suit Boot Sarkar. RAFALE. Lies. Lies. Lies. Distrust. Violence. HATE. Fear. You vote today for the soul of India. For her future. Vote wisely”, tweeted Rahul Gandhi, President of Indian National Congress.
Congress leader Sonia Gandhi filed her nomination papers from Rae Bareli whereas BJP leader Smriti Irani filed her nomination papers from Amethi on Thursday.
Several incidents of violence from reported from different parts of the country. TDP and YSRCP party workers clashed at polling booths in Telengana. A TDP leader died in the incident while another one was critically injured. Violence was reported in Cooch Behar at West Bengal where party workers had a clash.
Watch in Sign Language
- Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
April 20, 2019
- IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
April 20, 2019
- Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News