First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
April 12, 2019
The voting for the first phase of the 17th Lok Sabha elections was completed in different parts of India on Thursday. Polling took place for a total of 91 seats in 20 states and union territories including Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Telengana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshwadeep. The counting of votes will take place on 23 May.
2019 Lok Sabha elections commence today. I call upon all those whose constituencies are voting in the first phase today to turn out in record numbers and exercise their franchise. I specially urge young and first-time voters to vote in large numbers-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
There were a high percentage of voters who cast their votes for the first phase of elections. According to reports, there was a turn out of over 38% in Telengana, 51% in Uttar Pradesh, 46% in Jammu and Kashmir and 41% in Odisha. There was a high voting turn out rate at West Bengal as well with over 55% coming out to cast their votes. Polls were also held in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh as well.
“No 2 Crore JOBS. No 15 Lakhs in Bank A/C. No ACCHE DIN. Instead: No JOBS. DEMONETISATION. Farmers in Pain. GABBAR SINGH TAX. Suit Boot Sarkar. RAFALE. Lies. Lies. Lies. Distrust. Violence. HATE. Fear. You vote today for the soul of India. For her future. Vote wisely”, tweeted Rahul Gandhi, President of Indian National Congress.
Congress leader Sonia Gandhi filed her nomination papers from Rae Bareli whereas BJP leader Smriti Irani filed her nomination papers from Amethi on Thursday.
Several incidents of violence from reported from different parts of the country. TDP and YSRCP party workers clashed at polling booths in Telengana. A TDP leader died in the incident while another one was critically injured. Violence was reported in Cooch Behar at West Bengal where party workers had a clash.
Watch in Sign Language
- India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
June 24, 2019
- Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
June 24, 2019
- Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
June 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News