Black Hole image creator is a media star
April 13, 2019
Astronomers recently revealed image of the black hole, which is 50 million light years away from earth at a galaxy known as M87. The image shows a dark core encircled by an orange flame around it. Social media users have been posting images that were released at press conferences held by astronomers across various parts of the world. Katie Bouman, a graduate from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) who was part of the core team that developed the image was excited as she shared the image on her social media. Bouman has been an internet sensation ever since the image was released.
Watching in disbelief as the first image I ever made of a black hole was in the process of being reconstructed-Katie Bouman
The Black Hole is a region of the space that has a gravitational force that is so intense that no matter, light or radiation can escape from it. Bouman has been working on the image for over three years now until it was recently released by astronomers. Image of the Black Hole was shared across social media for over 33,000 times in just 22 hours.
“Congratulations to Dr. Katie Bouman, who developed the algorithm which captured the first ever image of a black hole! You are an inspiration to all Americans and especially to young women and girls with STEAM dreams!”, tweeted Nancy Pelosi, an American Politician.
“She’s only 29, but men who do great things at 29 are not phenoms because they’re young. It’s expected they’ll succeed. So let’s take a moment to applaud this woman’s achievement, while not making it about anything other than an outsider winning from within”, tweeted American Journalist Lauren Wolfe.
Watch in Sign Language
- Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
April 20, 2019
- IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
April 20, 2019
- Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News