SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
April 13, 2019
The controversial biopic on life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been banned from release by the Election Commission of India.
The makers have challenged the decision of the ECI and Supreme Court has agreed to hear the plea. The case will be up for hearing on 15 April.
The ECI said that the movie cannot be released till the general elections are over as it is against the model code of conduct and may manipulate the voters.
Congress party had earlier petitioned against the release of 'PM Narendra Modi' biopic and Supreme Court had refused to intervene in the matter. The court left it to the ECI to take a decision on the release.
The movie release date was 11 April but was stopped by the order of ECI. According to the makers order is a violation of their freedom of speech and expression.
Jayesh B. Doshi @JayeshBDoshi2 tweeted,”@BJP4India Modi biopic can have limited influence on people compare to Rahul saying 'supreme court says chowkidar chor hai'. If EC feels that Modi biopic need not be allowed to release Modi biopic then EC should ban Rahul from entire election arena immediately in every way.”
Concerned Indian @gvjain wrote,”Film makers shall be compensated the amount equivalent to the interest on the capital thus invested for making the film. If film can be blocked, all private communications on social media must be banned too. EC has become timid due to sustained criticism.” Reply
Watch in Sign Language
- Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
June 26, 2019
- 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
June 26, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News