Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
April 15, 2019
Shatrughan Sinha, the actor-politician, who quit the BJP to fight from the Patna Sahib seat as a Congress candidate, has said that he would have loved to fight Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the seat. He said this in reaction to the BJP's claim that the Patna Sahib seat was its stronghold.
Speaking to the media, Sinha said, “Let them (BJP) live in fool’s paradise. Voters of Patna Sahib will teach them a lesson".
Sinha also pointed to the victories of Congress and RJD nominees in the past from the prestigious Bihar seat. Sinha is seeking re-election for the third straight time and mocked the BJP's claim that the seat belonged to the BJP.
There was news in some quarters that Modi himself will enter the fray from Patna Sahib on a second seat in addition to Varanasi. What happened? I would have loved to take on him on the seat. - Shatrughan Sinha, Congress
Sinha, who is always targeting Modi, will take on Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, who is a four-term Rajya Sabha member. This is the first time that Prasad will be contesting in a Lok Sabha election. Sinha has served two terms in the Rajya Sabha and was a member of the cabinet when Atal Bihari Vajpayee was prime minister.
Sinha was inspired by Jayprakash Narayan to join politics and was introduced to BJP in the mid-80s, joined Congress last week after a fight with the present leadership of the BJP after he was sidelined since the 2015 Bihar assembly polls.
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News