Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
April 17, 2019
Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, one of the oldest monuments in the world, caught fire on Monday by around 6.30 pm. The iconic monument is believed to be the heart and soul of France. Reportedly, the roof of the cathedral caught fire and was damaged to a large extent. But before it could spread to other parts of the cathedral, almost 800 fire fighters stepped in to put up a brave act and extinguish the fire. Even though no casualties were reported, a fire fighter was critically injured in the incident. Reason for the fire still remains unknown. It took almost five hours to control the fire at Notre Dame.
So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!-Donald J Trump, President, United States of America
French President Emmanuel Macron ensured that France, along with the international community, will come together to rebuild Notre Dame. The government is all set to begin a campaign to raise funds in order to restore the building.
A UNESCO recognised landmark, Notre Dame is almost 850 years old. Some of the world’s most beautiful architecture can be witnessed in this centuries old cathedral which is 350 feet tall. People in the city came together to witness the burning of the monument that is believed to have many emotions associated to it. World leaders also stepped in to express their condolences over the fire at Notre Dame.
“Notre Dame is one of the world’s great treasures, and we’re thinking of the people of France in your time of grief. It’s in our nature to mourn when we see history lost — but it’s also in our nature to rebuild for tomorrow, as strong as we can, tweeted Barack Obama, Former President of the United States of America.
“I express my sympathies to the people of France on the tragic occasion of the #NotreDame cathedral fire in Paris, tweeted Reza Pahlavi, Advocate of Human Rights in Iran.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News