Congress spokesperson attacks her party
April 19, 2019
Congress spokesperson Priyanka Chaturvedi, who recently caused a sensation on social media with her parody of Smriti Irani, has lashed out at her own party. She went public with her resentment of the Congress for taking back workers who had been thrown out for misbehaving with her.
Chaturvedi tweeted saying,
Deeply saddened that lumpen goons get preference in @incindia over those who have given their sweat and blood. Having faced brickbats and abuse across board for the party but yet those who threatened me within the party getting away with not even a rap on their knuckles is unfortunate. - Priyanka Chaturvedi, Congress spokesperson
A few days back, local Congress leaders in Uttar Pradesh had allegedly misbehaved with Chaturvedi while she was attending a press conference at Mathura. The party initially removed them but because of the elections and the need for local support, they were reportedly taken back.
Chaturvedi retweeted a news reporter who commented on an Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee letter saying the workers were being taken back with senior leader Jyotiraditya Scindia's permission. Scindia is the Congress general secretary in charge of UP, along with Priyanka Gandhi.
The reporter, Vijai Laxmi Sharma had said, "UPCC first suspends some of its leaders for their unruly behaviour with party spokesperson Priyanka Chaturvedi in Mathura and then reinstate them after few days."
The letter reinstating them said that the party hoped the two men would not do anything to tarnish the image of the Congress.
Chaturvedi has met with support from many on social media. Pritish Nandy, the well known commentator said, "This is very sad and shameful. To disrespect your own spokesperson is a clear case of fail and the Congress will face serious repercussions for this."
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Get-hooked May 14, 2019 #BeingMom – Celebrating my mother, Mrs Krishna Kumari – My Take by Aparna Murthy
- Headlines May 13, 2019 Fate of prominent leaders decided on 6th phase of voting
- Get-hooked May 13, 2019 What I want to tell my mother - NewzHook readers share their thoughts
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 In a first, people with disabilities attend the famous Thrissur Pooram
- Events May 15, 2019 Movie Screening on Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines May 15, 2019 No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News