‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
April 19, 2019
The much awaited Kalank hit theatres on Wednesday and received a grand welcome across India. The movie went on to get the highest collection in its opening day for the year 2019 by collecting over Rs 21.60 crore on its first day of release. The movie is produced by Karan Johar and stars Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sonakshi Sinha, Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Dutt in lead roles. The movie received mixed reviews from audience.
It’s interval and #Kalank is a brilliant film till here. Varun @Varun_dvn is at his best and looking killer. Alia @aliaa08 is brilliant and matchless like always. Director is in full control of each and every moment. Each line and each dialogue is the very best-Kamaal R Khan, Actor
The movie takes back audience to pre-independence era during 1945 when the country is at the verge of partition. Apart from the love story of the main protagonists, ‘Kalank’ also highlights on love that is lost during the India-Pakistan partition. 'Kalank' was made at a budget of Rs 80 crore but box-office reports highlight that the movie might not do well in the coming days due to its negative reviews.
'Kalank' was directed by Abhishek Varman, and is scripted by Hussain Dalal.
“#Kalank is the first movie that I have walked out of. On a star based rating, I would give this movie a blackhole, tweeted Amit Tandon, Stand up Comedian and Writer.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News