Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
April 20, 2019
Actor-turned-politician Urmila Matondkar on Thursday took a sharp dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying he didn't deserve a film as he has failed to deliver as the head of the government.
Matondkar is contesting the Lok Sabha election in Mumbai North as a Congress candidate added that instead a comedy film should be made on the PM.
The film made on his life is nothing but a joke as the prime minister, who claims to have a 56-inch-chest, has miserably failed to deliver anything. The movie made on his life is a joke on the democracy, poverty and diversity of India, which has been damaged. Rather, a comedy film should be made on him and his unfulfilled promises. - Urmila Matondkar, Congress candidate, Mumbai North
She was referring to the film starring actor Vivek Oberoi called PM Narendra Modi, whose release was stayed until the Lok Sabha election was over as it could disturb the level playing field in polls.
A similar comment was made by Oberoi about Congress president Rahul Gandhi in a TV interview where he said, "Why should I make a biopic on Rahul Gandhi? What has he done that is noteworthy?"
Matondkar joined the Congress in March and will be taking on BJP candidate Gopal Shetty, a sitting MP. She also referred to the lack of communication between the PM and the media saying, "What can be worse than a prime minister of a democratic country not holding even a single press conference in the last five years".
Results of the polls will be declared on 23 May.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News