Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
April 20, 2019
Actor-turned-politician Urmila Matondkar on Thursday took a sharp dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying he didn't deserve a film as he has failed to deliver as the head of the government.
Matondkar is contesting the Lok Sabha election in Mumbai North as a Congress candidate added that instead a comedy film should be made on the PM.
The film made on his life is nothing but a joke as the prime minister, who claims to have a 56-inch-chest, has miserably failed to deliver anything. The movie made on his life is a joke on the democracy, poverty and diversity of India, which has been damaged. Rather, a comedy film should be made on him and his unfulfilled promises. - Urmila Matondkar, Congress candidate, Mumbai North
She was referring to the film starring actor Vivek Oberoi called PM Narendra Modi, whose release was stayed until the Lok Sabha election was over as it could disturb the level playing field in polls.
A similar comment was made by Oberoi about Congress president Rahul Gandhi in a TV interview where he said, "Why should I make a biopic on Rahul Gandhi? What has he done that is noteworthy?"
Matondkar joined the Congress in March and will be taking on BJP candidate Gopal Shetty, a sitting MP. She also referred to the lack of communication between the PM and the media saying, "What can be worse than a prime minister of a democratic country not holding even a single press conference in the last five years".
Results of the polls will be declared on 23 May.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 12, 2019 Growing outrage over clean chit given to Chief Justice in case of sexual harassment of hearing impaired woman
- Get-hooked May 13, 2019 What I want to tell my mother - NewzHook readers share their thoughts
- Get-hooked May 12, 2019 Disability never stopped Dhanya from dreaming big
- Headlines May 13, 2019 Modi criticised over comment on Balakot strikes
- Events May 15, 2019 TCS 10k Run with Smileys & Run with Visually Impaired
- Accessibility May 15, 2019 Election Commission falls short of accessibility goals, faces heat from disability rights groups
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked May 12, 2019 Understanding Non-Verbal Autism
- Headlines May 15, 2019 No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
- Headlines May 12, 2019 Never said will leave India if Modi re-elected: Shabana Azmi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News